Odd Catches

hunterjoe84

Just recently I caught a shovel in fast moving water at a lock. It put up one heck of a fight!!! had no idea what it was. It was moving back and fourth in the current and stripping some line. Finally was able to land it. I have also caught a rock while perch fishing. The rock had a small hole in it and the hook went right in it and pulled it to the surface.

Did you release the shovel they are a delicate species and need to be handled with care LOL I caught a black pacu that was released into a local pond I wish I had the pic still I think my aunt still has the newspaper clip I will see if I can get a copy and scan it really cool lookin fish like a huge pirahnna it was 5-6lbs 1 of the best fighting fish for it's size I have ever caught .

Was fishing BOQ for the walleye opener about 87-88 and trolled a black Mepps with a worm trailer and managed to hook... A freshwater clam..... Weirdest thing I've ever caught on a line. Trawling in the North Sea and pulling up an Angler Fish.... Eeewww...

I caught a nice Estwing hammer while ice fishing on Lake Simcoe a few years back. Turns out it was MY hammer I had accidently dropped down the hole 2 weeks prior. lol She really put up a fight coming up from 100FOW......not many head shakes though.:) Still using it to this day.

I caught a nice Estwing hammer while ice fishing on Lake Simcoe a few years back. Turns out it was MY hammer I had accidently dropped down the hole 2 weeks prior. lol She really put up a fight coming up from 100FOW......not many head shakes though.:) Still using it to this day.

That is strange.

I once caught a knot eel. It is an eel and when it gets into the boat it ties itself into a knot. True story. Caught it ogg noosa in Australia. I also caught a lobster or a big crayfish in a river .

#1 ..I had something on my line that felt heavy when reeled and pulsated when I dropped the tip and reeled in the slack, my buddy grabbed the net and it turned out to be a CONDOM filing up with water and deflating.

#2 Tennis racket.

#3 Cell Phone ( Ice Fishing)

#4 Prescription Glasses ( Ice Fishing )

#5 Poulan Chainsaw

#6 Bicycle

#7 Snowmobile Helmet

#8 "Crabby Joe's" baseball cap

#9 Shimano Ax300 combo.

#10... BBQ Lid & Thermometer + wire brush.

RFS

:canadian:

loon

mallard

30lb snapper

rods and reels

old anchors.

a 12 ft boat (landed it too!)

bicycle

microwave

umbrella ( my biggest fight. Was opened up and drifting along the bottom of the 12 Mile creek)

lawn chairs

beer and pop cans

Caught and released a seagull once.

A couple years ago I had an osprey take a large topwater plug. I tried to get the bird close enough to untangle its feet, but it would have nothing to do with that. Ended up having to cut the line as close as I dared. I really hope he was able to untangle that big Bagley bait eventually.

Caught a 9mm glock off the pier at Port Dalhousie, it was missing the clip and had been in the lake for quite awhile....The funny thing was some lady called the police and when they showed up it was like the bomb squad,pushing people back as they crept up on it and stuffed in a bag.hahahahaha

Crab, snapping turtle, other peoples snags, fresh water mussle, fresh water clam and then this funny little thing below last year off Fort lauderdale - these are the fish that suck on sharks. Charter guy stuck it on the boat and it stayed there for like 3, 4 minutes before letting go. IMG_6465.jpg?t=1280066575

I caught this last spring while fishing for brookies

P1030329.jpg

Last spring I caught a PB condom. My roe bag found its way right into its lip.

When I was a kid, I caught a pair of jeans (amongst a few other items of clothing) with $40 in the pocket :thumbsup_anim:

caught a folding lawnchair... complete with approximately 14 assorted hooks and lures attatched to it lol. 55gal drum... now that was tough to get in! 60lb and 75lb snappers... one ate my net. rod and reel. a boot, seagull, goose, camera.