Odd Catches

hunterjoe84

Caught a nice gull on a Rapala in Lake St. John ....... a fine pelican off a pier in Florida ....... about 100 feet of copper wire in the Trent River (fought well too - I thought it was a good walleye) ..... and most recently, this nice turtle, which hit a medium-sized jerkbait while muskie fishing. Crappy cell phone picture, but you get the point.

Turtleman.jpg

In the 12 Mile Creek I caught a fold-able lawn chair. I have a feeling peoples epic fish stories are some large odd item but they don't use braid so they never get to see what it is! hahaha. At first I thought it was a snag, then when I got it out of the mud it put up an interesting fight in the current. :clapping:

Laker fishing around Killbear dad hooked the downrigging ball on the bottom and down the rigger went.

Next day caught a bunch of lakers ( a couple 30"+ ) and decided to go try to fish the downrigger out. Ended up with two fishing rods from the bottom of the water, haha.

I've caught a turtle, a dog, myself, rescued a seagull once and my buddy caught a bat, unfortunately it drowned in the water after it hit the lure in mid air.

I haven't really caught anything that weird well a shopping cart one time.... I remember reading a topic like this a while ago....something about one of our members catching an "adult" toy :whistling:

-Ben

People sometimes throw shopping carts in the water at the start of a fishing season and go back to get them at the end of the fishing season, and reap the rewards of all the people that broke off on that shopping cart. You ruined their plan. Good on ya.

This week I caught a 4' metal pipe and some mennonite ladies leggings - nasty.

I had a snapping turtle on my line a few months ago, but I managed to shake it.

I've also caught a car battery.

My buddy caught a snake, but the snake turned out not to be hooked, he just really wanted the minnow and FINALLY let go after he was suspended from a bridge and was shaken around a bit.