Daughters new PB musky

Handlebarz

The Belle River Chapter of Muskies Canada had our annual musky Classic this weekend and my daughter was lucky enough to pop a big girl and win it all. The short story we fished Saturday went 8 for 10 with 41.25" the biggest of the day one that was lost at the net (not my fault but still lost) was around 42-43" my guess the rest were between 20's-mid 30's inch fish.

So today the wife and son stayed at home due to long day yesterday they wanted to sleep in and the wife had to make the cake's for the event. Jade and I headed for LSC around 5:50 and were fishing by 6:45 she had told me right away that the musky goddess was going to make us catch the small fish all day then give us a big one ( I need her to ice Mega Millions numbers) as she brought in 3 small musky all 25-35" range we just shook them boat side and they were off like the snott rockets they are. Well I tell her that we are done at 9:15 (I had to leave early to set up the hall) I re set the rods and change on to one of my own flashabou in lines that was at 8:45 its now 9:12 and I start to burn the baits through the water over 5.5mph and sure enough a nice fatty takes a hold ripping line I get the rod out of the holder and ask Jade if she thinks she can handle the fish like the trooper she is she sais yes and the fight was on she fauhgt the fish for a good time then she bursts out 77' I was just at 77' how much line does it need? Well that was not the last run she had 4' of line when it took another 100' run LOL LOL LOL is all I could do, now I am on the back casting deck waiting for the fish I had already had 1 look at it and knew it was BIG the net is just out of the water and I am ready to scoop her up when she runs into the motor and under the boat I had to grab the rod from her and drop the net I plunge the rod under the motor and get it free she came out Jade passes me the net we get her into the net and WOO HOO its over.

She was 49.25" I did not girth her as I was so excited that she got this fatty all I wanted to do was cut the hooks out and take the pic and get her home.

What a great day out with my little girl well 2.5 hours.

6e4e7fbf.jpg

3a57202c.jpg

f67e742e.jpg

Congrat's Jade, well done Mike!

That boat has seen more muskie and trophies since the opener than it ever did with the previous owner! Hehehe

I hope you put that one in the freezer for the next tourney!

Well done Mr & Ms P!!!

Father daughter duo style..... I love it Mike :thumbsup_anim::worthy:

Awesome work and congratulations to Jade :clapping:

You must be real proud of her..... she handled that big gator like a pro :worthy:

Again congratulations and thanks for sharing

Leechman

Oh yeah Jade has been hooked on musky fishing since 2006 she loves getting out and trying for the big girls last year was her first that I had no worries about her holding the rod and fighting the fish on her own but she sure did learn that big fish are a lot different then the small ones.

Thanks for all the good words we had a blast all weekend as we always do. I must say the wife was happy it was not a 50" as she wants one before the daughter LOL we have a great friendly family battle over who wil hit the 50" make first mom or daughter.

Brian your right about that I dont know why musky did not like this boat before maybe it was to clean :whistling:

Congratulations on the fish and your win Jade. clapping.gif

How much do you charge for guiding. ;)

Well I thought it would have been nice if she cleaned her room but it looks like that trip was another freebee.

Thanks all we had a blast Jade is still pumped up and has not lost her smile I dont remember if I had mentioned the it almost pulled her in but at one point we had a bigger wave hit and it was running I was getting the net and did not see it happen but heard her I did how ever reasure her that I would come back for the rod and land a fish if it pulled her in :whistling:

I always love having the family out fishing and should post my son's first musky that he reeled in all on his own no help until the net time.

c43d8268.jpg