winters not over yet

lew

According to this mornings news, it sounds like winter is gonna take another shot at us, even though it's nearly springtime.

Sposed to get winds up to 90 Km today and windchill of -35 tonight

dang........

yah, I'm getting tired of all this cold and snow. A few years ago we had ice out on the lake by April 1. last year it was April 11. At the rate we are going this year I'll be ice fishing here when the season opens in May. Grrrrrrrrrrr!

Funny, but I remember in December and early January all the ice fisherman were worried about getting ice.

Ice is better to have earlier then later Roger. In many areas next week, seasons close & permament huts have to come off.

Ive only been on the ice a handful of times this winter - this weekend I'll be finding an open launch & putting the boat in :thumbsup_anim:

In the 28 years I've been in Elliot Lake, the earliest I've been able to put a boat in the lake was April 15th. A few years back, the lake wasn't open until end of the 3rd week of May. You can't count on Ma Nature but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I love spring, bring it on!!!!

LOL Bob, Elliot lake is up there a ways. Even here late March most years and then the fishing is hit and miss. Water is too cold to get much action unless you get lucky and park right over them. Pond fishing gives a better chance the water warms quicker. Don`t think I ever put the boat in, in March.

We also have had years when ice was still in launching areas and marinas early in April.