My Son's First Fishing Trip!

I took my wife Kristi and one-year-old son Brayden out fishing to the Niagara River recently. This was my son's 1st fishing trip, and Kristi and I were excited. We planned on being out there for about 20 minutes to an hour, whatever he could handle. Well, we were out there just over two hours and had a riot with Brayden.

At first, he kept trying to climb over the side of the boat and into the river, so we didn't think we would last long. We took turns with him playing with the minnows in the livewell He was happy catching minnows and throwing them back in the well. Every once in a while when he got bored, we'd go for a boat ride, and he loved going fast!

I got one jumbo perch, and when Brayden saw me pull it in, he dropped his tigger rod like a hot potato and ran for my 10-foot rod :lol:

When we left to go home, he was asleep by the time we hit the road :clapping:

It was a beautiful day out, and the best day of my life!

Here are some pics from the day

Brayden_1st_Fishing_Trip_01.jpg

Brayden_1st_Fishing_Trip_02.jpg

Brayden_1st_Fishing_Trip_03.jpg

Brayden_1st_Fishing_Trip_04.jpg

Brayden_1st_Fishing_Trip_05.jpg

Good fishing!

Aaron

Awesome, Aaron...that is what it is all about, passing it on to future generations!! I don't have any children of my own, but, Juli's three boys (ten year old twins, and an eleven year old) all come out fishing with us every once in awhile. They are at that critical age where you don't want to force them to do it. I find that talking about fishing, showing them photos of our fishing trips, or watching the odd fishing show will get them pumped and asking "when are we going fishing again, Frank?"

Nice photos as usual!!

I got one jumbo perch, and when Brayden saw me pull it in, he dropped his tigger rod like a hot potato and ran for my 10-foot rod :lol:

Smart (cute) little boy you have there Aaron, best get him some quality gear before he starts taking yours. :D

Irishfield LMAO. We thought for sure he would try eating the minnows, especially since he's teething, but he never tried once! He was just content trying to scoop them out, hold them and put them back in the well :)

Thx everyone, definitely a proud dad :)

Guest Johnny Bass

Those are what great memories are made of, and the best thing of all is that there are many, many more to come!

That is awesome for sure. I love watching the kids playing with the live well that thing is better then any TV set out there. Both our kids have been in the boat since they were born bouncing around in the car seat and it sure did pay off as they both love fishing. I guess you boy is like most of our kids on the site with not much choice but to get out with the family and learn to love teh out doors I can wait to see the reports wand watch him grow on the boat.

Cheers Mike