I went fish'n.....not catchin

lew

I don't do alot of fishing before musky season opens, 'cept for a bit of pickeral and this year I've been busy around the new place, so haven't even gotten out for them yet, so I decided today would be the day to get the boat wet and look for some fish.

I put the boat in at Youngs Point and decided to go for a long fast ride first. I cranked it up and averaged around 50 - 52 MPH for the next hour and just really enjoyed being on the water again. I ran the length of Clear Lake then basically covered most of Stoney too just taking in the sights.

Cnv0592.jpg

I ended up over at Burliegh Falls and did some fishing around the fast water, but nothing was happening there.

Cnv0595.jpg

I ran back down into Clear and trolled around for a couple hours but nothing was doing except for one largemouth. I was marking a ton of fish all through the water column and the weeds were really healthy and plentiful.

The water was clear and between 55 & 57 degrees F

Cnv0597.jpg

Cnv0594.jpg

Anyways, not much of a fishing report but it sure was nice to be out on the water again.

THERE IS NO WAY THAT U DIDN'T CATCH ANY FISH!!!I see a lot of FISH showing on your fish finder!!! Look at those fish ARCHES!!!! LOL!

haha just kidding :P

better luck next time!

by the way nice looking weeds!!

Lew, you averaged 50-52 for your cruise?? You speed demon you!! I guess the boat is running ticketdy boo. Did JP's speed run get you going?? I'm the slow one of the bunch, I can top out at 48-49mph, not that I've been able to. The boat has been on my driveway since the 1st and it hit the water that day for a 10 minute shakedown in the rain and that was it.

with all those hooks no fish looks like the lowrance was demo mode its ok lew they were small fish

Yup, that's it, the Lowrance was on the wrong setting...at least that's what I'll use for an excuse !! :lol:

basketclam & Bosh, sounds like maybe we should plan a Clear Lake g2g seeing as were all close together.

Bosh, if your In-Laws are 90 degrees left of that pic, they could be my neighbors as that's exactly where I live too.