Bear Shot in London Today

FisherMike

i just heard on the radio that police just shot a bear in west london today. thats pretty shocking news for london. i guess a lot of the boars from the bruce peninsula are moving further south to establish their own territories. pretty crazy!!

i just heard on the radio that police just shot a bear in west london today. thats pretty shocking news for london. i guess a lot of the boars from the bruce peninsula are moving further south to establish their own territories. pretty crazy!!

Yep, that's what happens when you stop hunting and the population expands unchecked.

FYI it was weak knee'd polititcians down in South Western Ontario that brought about the demise of the spring bear hunt, so all bears that show up down there should be forwarded to your local politician so that they can take care of the cuddly little teddy bears. :rolleyes:

Just watched this.

They say the bear was going,I say going, to attack a police officer.

Yeah ok.

Where was the MNR on this one? Couldnt tranquilize/trap the bear and replace it somewhere? JOKE.

Can you believe the cop even posed with the kill.SICK.

Well said Drift.

Edited by BrianB

a "Bear" is also a Cop... so the Bear could be following a Boar or a Bear... technically a Boar is also a Pig... ;)

so this could mean that the Pig is following the Boar :D

It's 'kinda like the Son of a Birch or Son of a Beach thing.

RFS

:canadian:

Edited by Randy from Sturgeon

a "Bear" is also a Cop... so the Bear could be following a Boar or a Bear... technically a Boar is also a Pig... ;)

so this could mean that the Pig is following the Boar :D

It's 'kinda like the Son of a Birch or Son of a Beach thing.

RFS

:clapping::lol:

AT LAST!!!!! our plan is working....mmwwwwwaahahahaha

if i had my way many more would be heading south, see how they like it, lookin at the size of it calling it a boar isn't deserving, just call it a bear or male bear, or kitten, just wait till the actuall big boars start roamin around your neighbourhoods and schoolyards, then be told its your fault for having bird seed out or not keeping a weeks worth of garbage indoors

I think it's a good thing that bears are returning to Southern Ontario. They were native down here as well. Seeing as urban folk don't want to see them hunted, they should learn to adapt to having bars and yotes in their backyards.

Waiting to see if some urban survivalist type will try to pull a Crockett and "grin a Bar to death" :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

I highly doubt that a bear is going to get that far without being spotted earlier, same as with the one a few blocks away from me last year in Pickering, and the one a couple of years ago in Newmarket. To me a more likely explanation is that disgruntled hunters are capturing and releasing them near urban areas. People like these for instance.

I highly doubt that a bear is going to get that far without being spotted earlier, same as with the one a few blocks away from me last year in Pickering, and the one a couple of years ago in Newmarket. To me a more likely explanation is that disgruntled hunters are capturing and releasing them near urban areas. People like these for instance.

MNR Density Map shows that the population of black bears is unfairly distributed

That's true!!!! There are hardly any in downtown Toronto. If there were there wouldn't be so many homeless people and pan handlers there. :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

That's true!!!! There are hardly any in downtown Toronto. If there were there wouldn't be so many homeless people and pan handlers there.[/b] :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Free ranging bears might be a great way of managing the surplus urban population. :w00t: It's all about balance :sarcasm:

That's true!!!! There are hardly any in downtown Toronto. If there were there wouldn't be so many homeless people and pan handlers there.[/b] :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

A bear could never survive in downtown Toronto. Too many people are armed and would shoot it on sight.

As far as the London bear goes, I see no need to have shot it. They could have just watched it and it would have wandered away sooner or later. just don't feed it. Thats how they tell us to do it here.

enlighten us DanC.

I would think a bear walking down yer down street would the norm.

I see them just about every day going to work. I work on an Indian Reserve though. It may be different in your neck of the woods

That's funny ... I just looked it up and apparently it's a passer-by

from Alberta that shot it.

here's the picture.

aw-bear.jpg

RFS

man i love this place--Randy from Sturgeon!--did you ask TJ if you could use that shot without my written permission?

yah--didn't think so--lol

good stuff guys

Drifter_016--got the vote in--had to register Dave--that sucks-

Be Kind to the Bears-Bear Wise--local COPS--911-- or--1-866-514-BEAR

Don't Feed the Bears Randy from Sturgeon

TTY 705-945-7641

bears.mnr.gov.on.ca

Have a humouros evening gentlemen

ID1

As far as the London bear goes, I see no need to have shot it. They could have just watched it and it would have wandered away sooner or later. just don't feed it. Thats how they tell us to do it here.

Right on.

We keep being told how to 'bear-proof" ourselves. Time to start applying that kind of public education in Southern Ontario instead of shooting the poor critters.

Some people are fond of quoting to us here in the North, "The bears were there before you were." Well the bears were in S. Ont. before the big crush of people too. ;)

(Or, as they are also fond of telling us, the cormorant explosion on Nipissing is just a case of a species reclaiming its traditional range)

Personally I think every nuisance bear trapped in Northern Ontario should be distributed by a lottery system to a Southern Ontario county.