outboad help

That's part of the pollution that 2 strokes make, just unburned oil from the gas mix rising to the surface. You will see it in the barrel because you not "getting away from it" like in the lake when moving. Get yourself some high quality synthetic like Amsoil Saber 100:1 premix or HP Injector for 50:1. CTC carries some, other Motorsports shops carry it to. virtually no plug fouling and clean running engine.

BTW, Johnson doesn not make oil, they buy it from whomever and put their own lable on the containers.

Edited by Fisherman

That's part of the pollution that 2 strokes make, just unburned oil from the gas mix rising to the surface.

Yep, just unburnt 2 stroke oil. My old 76 Johnson was just like that. I switched to a quality (supposedly) smokeless oil, I believe it was Johnson brand and ran it a little leaner than 50-1.

Wasn't perfect but it was a lot better.

i've run a zilliion different two strokes and have never seen a discharge like that. no idea what it is but it can't be normal. look at the thick soup in the barrel. if all two strokes ran like that you'd be getting chased by the sea shepherd!!!

Back in '99 I bought a brand new 6 HP Merc 2 stroke to use as a kicker and it did the exact same thing, spewing out that filthy brown slimey mess. I've owned quite a few 2 stroke motors over the years but never saw anything like that mess before.

I took it back to the dealer and was told it was perfectly normal. I only kept that motor for one year then got rid of it.

Do a compression check on it and I think you'll find you have one cylinder low on compression due to a cracked head as irishfield suggests. Also pull the plugs and lets have a look at them.

The double double Tim's look is not a good thing. :huh:

Edited by DRIFTER_016

I can barely remember a problem i had with an old evenrude one time.

I saw oil that colour and it was from the lower unit. It may be leaking though the drive shaft seal and coming out the exhaust.

Edited by glen