1000 bucks from government.....when?

bow slayer

here's the scoop first installment in june.

http://www.fin.gov.on.ca/en/budget/ontario...2009/chpt3.html

That site looks like a sorry attempt to polish a steaming pile...

Why can't politicians just be honest and say "we're increasing your taxes" instead of hiding behind all the crap. Is anybody actually buying the line that this is actually going to be beneficial and we'll all come out a head?

This sentence is a perfect example "The RST rate on transient accommodation, such as hotel rooms, is currently five per cent. Under the single sales tax, the provincial portion would increase to eight per cent." That 5% is GST, there is no PST, so it's going from 5 to 13 not 5 to 8, how the heck does that help tourism? :wallbash:

sorry guys, but this stuff eats me up /rant over

That site looks like a sorry attempt to polish a steaming pile...

Why can't politicians just be honest and say "we're increasing your taxes" instead of hiding behind all the crap. Is anybody actually buying the line that this is actually going to be beneficial and we'll all come out a head?

This sentence is a perfect example "The RST rate on transient accommodation, such as hotel rooms, is currently five per cent. Under the single sales tax, the provincial portion would increase to eight per cent." That 5% is GST, there is no PST, so it's going from 5 to 13 not 5 to 8, how the heck does that help tourism? :wallbash:

sorry guys, but this stuff eats me up /rant over

you too eh? i cant stand the government anymore... it just seems they make decisions that are beneficial to them and not to the citizens... they should just have one guy that means what he says and does what he means also while thinkin about the people... that would be a good prime minister.

I'm certainly no fan of the new tax, believe me!

...but that statement is actually true. Currently there is 5% GST and 5% RST (PST for accommodation tax) for a total of 10% tax charged when renting a hotel/motel room. The HST will raise that to 13%.

I agree with you though, the spin that they are putting on this is so transparent, why do they bother.

you too eh? i cant stand the government anymore... it just seems they make decisions that are beneficial to them and not to the citizens... they should just have one guy that means what he says and does what he means also while thinkin about the people... that would be a good prime minister.

We had a premier like that once...Mike Harris.

Now fifteen years later, he is apparently all that is wrong with the world. Talk about spin.

Yeah I'm not real impressed with this either I have e-mailed DOLTon a bunch of times and not been very nice in my e-mails and keep getting a generic reply about how the hst is going to help small business and create jobs ,I will believe it when I see it. I was just answering the OP,s question as to when the bribe money was coming lol.

I'm certainly no fan of the new tax, believe me!

...but that statement is actually true. Currently there is 5% GST and 5% RST (PST for accommodation tax) for a total of 10% tax charged when renting a hotel/motel room. The HST will raise that to 13%.

I agree with you though, the spin that they are putting on this is so transparent, why do they bother.

Alright my bad I read the page on Ontario taxes to quickly, but I'm still not happy about it :angry: Especially the fact that this is going to hit everyone in a big way, like heating bills next winter, that thousand bucks is only going to last so long...

Jer, I miss Mike Harris, I know some didn't like all his policies but he did exactly what he said he was going to do, and a lot of that involved spending less of our money.

Just in Case You Get a Cheque.....

Sometime this year, we taxpayers will again receive an Economic Stimulus payment i.e HST rebate. This is a very exciting program from the Ontario government..

I'll explain it using the Q and A format:

---------------------------------------------------------------

Q. What is Ontario 's Economic Stimulus payment?

A. It is money that the provincial government will send to taxpayers.

Q.. Where will the government get this money?

A. From taxpayers..

Q. So the government is giving me back my own money?

A. Only a smidgen.

Q. What is the purpose of this payment?

A. The plan is for you to use the money to purchase a high-definition TV set, thus stimulating the economy.

Q. But isn't that stimulating the economy of Asia ?

A.. Shut up or you don't get your check.

Below is some helpful advice on how to best help the Canadian economy by spending your stimulus check wisely:

1.. If you spend the stimulus money at Wal-Mart, your money will go to China ..

2. If you spend it on gasoline, your money will go to Saudi Arabia .

3. If you purchase a computer, it will go to India .

4. If you purchase fruit and vegetables, it will go to Mexico, Honduras or Guatemala ..

5. If you buy a car, it will go to Japan or Korea .

6. If you purchase useless plastic stuff, it will go to Taiwan .

7. If you pay off your credit cards, or buy stock, it will go to pay management bonuses and be hidden in offshore accounts.

Or, you can keep the money in Canada by:

1. spending it at yard sales or flea markets, or

2. going to hockey games, or

3. hiring prostitutes, or

4. buying cheap beer or

5. getting tattoos.

These are the only wholly-owned businesses still operating in Canada .

Conclusion:

The best way to stimulate the economy is to go to a hockey game with a prostitute that you met at a yard sale and drink beer all day until you're drunk enough to go get tattooed.

Just in Case You Get a Cheque.....

Sometime this year, we taxpayers will again receive an Economic Stimulus payment i.e HST rebate. This is a very exciting program from the Ontario government..

I'll explain it using the Q and A format:

---------------------------------------------------------------

Q. What is Ontario 's Economic Stimulus payment?

A. It is money that the provincial government will send to taxpayers.

Q.. Where will the government get this money?

A. From taxpayers..

Q. So the government is giving me back my own money?

A. Only a smidgen.

Q. What is the purpose of this payment?

A. The plan is for you to use the money to purchase a high-definition TV set, thus stimulating the economy.

Q. But isn't that stimulating the economy of Asia ?

A.. Shut up or you don't get your check.

Below is some helpful advice on how to best help the Canadian economy by spending your stimulus check wisely:

1.. If you spend the stimulus money at Wal-Mart, your money will go to China ..

2. If you spend it on gasoline, your money will go to Saudi Arabia .

3. If you purchase a computer, it will go to India .

4. If you purchase fruit and vegetables, it will go to Mexico, Honduras or Guatemala ..

5. If you buy a car, it will go to Japan or Korea .

6. If you purchase useless plastic stuff, it will go to Taiwan .

7. If you pay off your credit cards, or buy stock, it will go to pay management bonuses and be hidden in offshore accounts.

Or, you can keep the money in Canada by:

1. spending it at yard sales or flea markets, or

2. going to hockey games, or

3. hiring prostitutes, or

4. buying cheap beer or

5. getting tattoos.

These are the only wholly-owned businesses still operating in Canada .

Conclusion:

The best way to stimulate the economy is to go to a hockey game with a prostitute that you met at a yard sale and drink beer all day until you're drunk enough to go get tattooed.

:lol:

Actually Dalton is doing a very good job of this. The HST will help small business and manufacturing.

Mike harris is the guy that sold off all our power generation capabilities and left us with the debt and high power bills.

Actually Dalton is doing a very good job of this. The HST will help small business and manufacturing.

Mike harris is the guy that sold off all our power generation capabilities and left us with the debt and high power bills.

Can you imagine how expensive hydro would be if Dalton had his fingers in the pie. We would probably be subsidizing useless wind farms in Collingwood with our hydro bill. Instead I'm sure we'll be subsidizing them through the HST to some extent, so I guess what's the difference.

do you know how much it will cost to give these thousand dollar refund cheques out? Probably ten times the amount of the cheques themselves...but at least it creates more government jobs and opportunties for fraud that you and I end up paying for. I wish they would have just bumped up income tax a percent or two...problem solved.

Atleast y'all are getting $1k. I was always smart enough not to get married or be inflicted with ankle biters so I only get acoupla C-notes.

Hell McWeasel will get that back after one shopping trip across the border.

What happened to the 90's, can't we get the underground economy going again?

Can you imagine how expensive hydro would be if Dalton had his fingers in the pie. We would probably be subsidizing useless wind farms in Collingwood with our hydro bill. Instead I'm sure we'll be subsidizing them through the HST to some extent, so I guess what's the difference.

Hey, I heard yesterday that if you put a solar panel on your house they will pay you $.80 a kwh for what you put into the system. Power right now costs $.07 kwh. Thats gonna be a good subsidy. In 20 years we are going to have nothing but broken down windmills all over the country

Atleast y'all are getting $1k. I was always smart enough not to get married or be inflicted with ankle biters so I only get acoupla C-notes.

Hell McWeasel will get that back after one shopping trip across the border.

What happened to the 90's, can't we get the underground economy going again?

when you add both incomes I get nothing back

i'm going to spend 900 dollars on whiskey cigarettes and women. i'll probably just waste the rest.

hey..at least most is well spent..just make sure you buy tax free cigs and whiskey

does anyone know when we are suppose to get our cheques from the government? I remember hearing about this just can't remember when and from which provincial or federal? Maybe it got scraped

I almost always steer clear of politics here because we are from different countries and this is a fishing website.I am,as a few can validate,very political but that is neither here nor there.I do know one thing for sure..The government does not have money to "give" you.It takes the money from you and "gives" some back to you.You will pay tenfold for that "gift".Its like the dumasses in my country who think that the govt "gives "them a tax refund and are happy about it.Its THEIR money that the govt just used for a year without paying them for it.They are "HAPPY" to get the refund.If every person here had to pay quarterly income taxes instead of having the govt confiscate a portion of there paychecks and "give" some back there would be a whole lot less govt to deal with.

Joe

Well as a small business owner, I am VERY EXCITED to hear exactly how this is going to help me or my business .... the way I figure it ... it will help my business because a certain portion of my receivables seem to take forever while the customers' accountants try to figure out if they can be PST exempt or not ... with the new HST they will KNOW they arent so they will pay theoretically their bills faster.... and I will get my money faster .... and so I wont be forced to prepay for the PST taxes that I havent even collected yet ... WOO HOO .. I can hardly wait!!!!

Make no mistake about it, the $1,000 is a bribe of your own money, introduced by the Provincial government, to appease the masses after introducing a new tax that will cost every end-user consumer that amount many times over.

How will this impact businesses - basically, they will no longer pay PST on their inputs, it will be treated the same as GST and be refundable to busineses. Since the PST is no longer a cost to business, their income should go up allowing them to expand and reinvest their higher cashflow into creating new jobs and drive the economy. This is a HUGE win for businesses essentially they will pay NO TAXES (they will get a refund of the new HST), other than income tax.

There is a mistaken belief that the government has tried to use to sell this tax, that businesses, since their costs will go down, will lower their prices and the consumer will get to buy things cheaper, thereby offsetting the increase in taxes.

To that I say.....Yeah right.....

Anyway, as much as I hate this new tax I think it will be a positive thing for business and the economy. This will be at the expense of higher consumption taxes for individuals, but offset somewhat by a lowering of personal income tax rates.

Actually no, Harris did not sell off our power generation capabilities. Ontario still owns them. McGuinty is floating the idea of selling them now.

If your dept comment refers to the Hydro dept, that was there long before Harris came to power. He is the one the decided we should try to pay it off instead of just letting it accumulate. As far as prices, the debt incurred by Hydro indicates that the prices they billed us was less than the cost of providing the electicity. The price on our bills may have been lower, but we had the unseen accumulation of debt that made the real price much higher that than what was on the bill. Now we see the real price on out bills.

I run a small business that provides mechanical design services mainly to the manufacturing industry. I currently do not collect any PST, only GST. I have been to the websites and read everything I can find but have not seen any way that the HST will benefit my business. Seeing as you have said that this tax will help small businesses, can you explain how? Thanks!