Hockey Confusion... (NF)

TJQ

Unless our boys get a little more passion in there game...tonight won't matter anyhow...cause Russia will eat us.

Hope something sparks a fire under them, it's been painful for me to watch.

Ya I hear ya, but the thing is... as important as a gold medal would be for all of us Canadian hockey fans, we have to accept that it's not that important for the players. Some will argue, but to me it's pretty clear so far that they lack the intensity and emotion of the other countries. This is just not as important as the Stanley cup to most of these guys. Maybe they can change in time to win still.....?

Hey, you guys have a GREAT Team in Team Canada. RELAX and enjoy the ride...If they win the GOLD MEDAL then that's icing on the cake..

You have a GREAT game in Hockey and NO ONE can take that away from you Canadians...I really think you're all taking this to seriously and with that missing out on all the fun.....(but I can see how you can get all wrapped up in this)...

AGAIN....enjoy the ride or you'll all miss out on the FUN.

Good Luck,

Bob

John is right play the russians tomorrow......currently 4-1 Canada, Russians are definately beatable though....maybe if guys like Getzlaff would actually skate and work for the puck instead of acting like superstars out there we might be able to pull this off....long road ahead though....keep Luongo in net for the rest of the way I think, Marty had his time..

Up 4-0 and you don't let a player take his own penalty shot? I don't care what the International rules are. You just ripped the heart out of one of your players. I can't even begin to express how much I think that was a terrible decision by Babcock.

You've got that right. Nash hasn't scored yet in the olympics so why not give him a chance to get rolling. I can't even imagine why he wouldn't let him take it. Crosby is many things, but a shoot out expert is not one of them.

yep, need a big game outta pronger, put that stick to good use on ovechkin tomorrow night....as for nash he'll be alright he got himself a goal tonight...but yeah i woulda let him shoot for sure....either way gotta focus on gettin ovechkin off his game tomorrow night....

Edited by chickenhawk

Up 4-0 and you don't let a player take his own penalty shot? I don't care what the International rules are. You just ripped the heart out of one of your players. I can't even begin to express how much I think that was a terrible decision by Babcock.

I looked at my uncle , he at me, and just said in unison.......Seriously?!?!

Then Golden boy missed the penalty shot on top of it?? Coach has some apologizing to do if you ask me.

yep, need a big game outta pronger, put that stick to good use on ovechkin tomorrow night....as for nash he'll be alright he got himself a goal tonight...but yeah i woulda let him shoot for sure....either way gotta focus on gettin ovechkin off his game tomorrow night....

Someone needs to use that stick on Pronger and beat some motivation into him and then if there is anything left use it on Babcock! Still say bad selection in both cases...........

Someone needs to use that stick on Pronger and beat some motivation into him and then if there is anything left use it on Babcock! Still say bad selection in both cases...........

Babcock more or less said that he was playing a long bench last night to keep the wear and tear down on the important players. One can only assume Pronger's place on the bench will be warm in the Russia game unless we are mired in a slow slugfest or jump out to an early 10 goal lead.

JF

I agree 100%

Can only imagine what the mood is like in the dressing room.

Edited by Harrison

The team actually looked really good last night, rushing the net, taking shots and creating a ton of oportunities. I know this was Germany they were playing(weakest team in the Tournament), but Canada stuck to there game plan and really played as a team. This is a good sign going into todays match with Russia, they have to play the same way or they won't have a chance. Perhaps Team Canada is gelling together finally and with some decent goal tending they may pull it off tonight.I'm sure it will be nail biter tonight one way or another.

I think coach Babcock is doing a great job, using Crosby for the penalty shot is just playing the percentages, if it works he looks like a genius, if not, chump. He is getting the players to stick to simpler game plan and getting them away from the finess, hero crap. Take lots of shots and get bodies in front of the net, thats how you win at this level with every team busting with tallented players and great goalies.

I don't think it ripped his heart out, just the opposite it may have showed him to get some heart because he finally scored an olympic goal, his first. He's been a disappointment every olympic game he's played maybe this move will put his ego in check and he gets with the program.

I think coach Babcock is doing a great job, using Crosby for the penalty shot is just playing the percentages, if it works he looks like a genius, if not, chump.

I can see your point here if it was a close game. Kind of like the on side kick deal.

I know they are pro's and suck things up to get the job done, but there has to be a competitive dealio amongst the players(always there when I played, especially in all star games). To be sidelined while someone else takes YOUR penalty shot, when your itching for your first goal in the olympics and there is a 4-0 lead, I think that would be alittle demoralizing to a player of his caliber.

Edit - I just read your post above, you have a valid point

Edited by Harrison