Half Time Show

JohnF

Great light show. Great songs Great instrumentals. Too bad those old farts haven't been told they don't sound so good any more. Daltrey can't quite get to all the notes any more and Townshend looked silly trying to be a cool rocker - dude's just too old for that look.

Oh well. Nothing's as inexorable as time.

JF

It's still kinda fun to see the old farts strut their stuff. Neil Young's voice is pretty creaky these days too. But the music still holds up pretty well. My satellite radio hardly ever gets past the 70's station.

JF

I thought that Daltry pulled it off better than Townsend. After all these years I thought Pete would have known not to wear a jacket that would cover the strings and cause you to miss 30% of your notes.

When you think about it, it was vintage Who.

Jim

had to expain who they were{are} and what they represent to the music encyclopedia to my daughter but yeah they put on a great show for iconic stature individuals ,, respected members of music front-runner club.

come on ,, a little older ,, a little heavier , aren't we all??

how much did they make ?? just curious.,,,,,aren't you??

Edited by waterwolf

It's too bad for Roger that Pete's mike was turned on because Roger sounded raspy and Pete just sucked!

What's with the Who of just Two? Time to pack it in boys.

I agree, time to hang it up boys the tempo was way off the old boys can't hold a note anymore without Entwhistle's driving bass beats it's just not the same. I saw the band 8 times in the late 70's, I think 3 of the shows were there final shows hahaha. We all didn't want them to stop but now it's time boys to give up the rock & roll and retire and spend the 100's of millions of $$$$$$$$$ and hang out on the beach.

It's too bad for Roger that Pete's mike was turned on because Roger sounded raspy and Pete just sucked!

What's with the Who of just Two? Time to pack it in boys.

Somebody already said it. Better to fade away than to rust. I'm happy to hear their music on recordings and remember them (and me) as we were. Seeing them creaking away on stage is too much like looking in a mirror. :P

JF

This is why it was The Who.. see the trend?

2004 Wardrobe Malfunction

2005 Paul McCartney

2006 The Rolling Stones

2007 Prince

2008 Tom Petty

2009 Bruce Springsteen

2010 The Who

Old guys don't flash people.

Whoa!!! That just conjured up an image of a wrinkly nekkid Townshend shakin' and groovin' on his 6 string.

EEEUUUWWW!!!

That could end the half time show forever.

JF

I've been a huge Who fan for years and frankly I think they should have hung them up 20 years ago... Roger hasn't been able to hit any of the high notes since 1976, Who are you.

Pete should focus on his solo work.

Funny, but this morning I had quite a few people saying that they didn't know that The Who wrote the theme song to CSI! Uhmm... song was recorded in 1970 folks!

As a huge legacy Who fan, I would like to see them wrap up their careers on a somewhat "high" note, turn in their union jack blazers and retire on their laurels!

The band died when Moon died in 78!

HH

I've been a huge Who fan for years and frankly I think they should have hung them up 20 years ago... Roger hasn't been able to hit any of the high notes since 1976, Who are you.

Pete should focus on his solo work.

Funny, but this morning I had quite a few people saying that they didn't know that The Who wrote the theme song to CSI! Uhmm... song was recorded in 1970 folks!

As a huge legacy Who fan, I would like to see them wrap up their careers on a somewhat "high" note, turn in their union jack blazers and retire on their laurels!

The band died when Moon died in 78!

HH

I was a big fan and grew up with their music and that of the rest from over 'ome at the time. Unfortunately Moon and Entwistle will be rolling over in their graves after that one..

I thought it was great and so did everone else in the room.

I second that, Zac Starkey ( ringos son) played a amazing set, townshend was rocking it out for sure. I must say though, when I saw the Guess Who play at Canal Days in Port colborne I was more than impressed with cummings and Bachman actually they blew away with their performance.

Hey, they still rocked!! For a couple of 60 somethings, Roger and Pete rocked the house. It's cool to see these guys go at it. Maybe they can't hit the high notes and don't look so cool any longer but I grew up listening to them and it was great to see them live one more time.