UPS does it again!!!

DRIFTER_016

When we is Canadians learn to NOT use UPS for shipments to Canada I learned fast and Never use them for items coming from out of country. Heck we have had problems here also with them delivering the package I would here the knock at door get up go right out to check who is there and they are gone and the sticky note is there telling you to go pick it up tomorrow and the guy is just pulling away. No use for them in my house

USPS / Canada Post all the way for any imported items, both FedEX and UPS must be on some serious drugs when they come up with their "brokerage/duty" fees. I will never understand how simply signing a declaration can translate into a charge for 50% of the cost of some items with those clowns. USPS charges nothing for the same service and if customs here doesn't open it no fees are attached at all.

UPS stinks, the odd time we need to use them over Canada Post and UPS almost always break's rod tube's in the mail. I don't get it, Purlator, Canada Post and every other company can deal with a rod tube but 9 times out of ten tubes get broken by UPS. I see these truck's daily, i still see guys standing on parcel's trying to reach for high items in the truck..they don't give a damn, in the truck off the truck end of day.

Sorry for your inconvenience, try and get it shipped purlator or Fed Ex in the future.

UPS is bar none the worst and most costly when ordering stuff and the only one's who've damaged blanks for me. :wallbash:

I had a blank shipped UPS and the tube it came in was bent like someone used it as a baseball bat.

You'd think for the price they charge they would at least make a half hearted attempt at not destroying every thing on the truck...

Wow this is interesting.

We've been using UPS at work for shipments from US to Canada on average 3 times per week for the last 15 years and have not had a single shipment go missing or have any major issue. They've been quite reliable in my experience. That's not to say it isn't more costly when they clear your occasional package for you. We have a seperate customs broker so the only cost from UPS is the courier cost itself which hasn't been unreasonable. You definitely want to switch to a freight company though when you're getting close to 80 lbs or more.

I order and get item ship using USPS to a mail box address across the Lewiston border, have lunch across, get some cheap gas, then fish at whirlpool niagara to maximize my day. The mail box company charge $5 per package, lots of Canadians use the address to buy goods in US, they provide a ### number, not a P.O. box number, so Many seller at ebay will ship for free to this address.

UPS shipping charge very inexpensive for corporation in the US, such as cabelas or bass pro, sometimes cheaper than USPS. Most companies do not have time to drop off package to local post office, too costly for anyone. So they prefer UPS to pick them up at their store, seller assumed they are doing Canadians favor by using UPS, the rate seems to be comparable and faster than USPS.

Since most US companies' employee do not understand importation duties added to shipment to other countries, they chose UPS. This is where UPS takes advantage of the situation and charge unsuspecting Canadians brokerage fees and duties, HST taxes to receiver. Even products under free warranty replacement get brokerage fees added if full value gets declared, since the shipper wants to declare the goods at full value to take advantage of free insurance covered for the first $100 value. I always have to quibble and deny receiving package from UPS, I then call the warranty company to re-declare the package to no value or no charge for Free replacement. Corporation sometimes rectify the issue with UPS and no brokerage fees corrected, many times, the shipper just end up paying the brokerage fees and duties just to release the goods sooner, since some shipping employees are just too lazy to re-file other kinds of UPS paperwork. Corporation employee has so much things to worry about, and very few employee working in the shipping department care about items shipped to other countries.

We all learn from our past mistakes dealing with UPS......................for me..............always enquire before buying in USA! Calculate potential added expense when buying goods in US. Many goods bought in US is not under warranty in Canada. However, US warranty are way more reliable than Canadian warranty base on my experience. Easier to bad mouth a company in US via on line, so US companies seem to take care of customer service better if they knew their reputation might be jeoperdize.

Edited by bassfighter

FYI - Purolator's US partner is UPS. Purolator is owned by Canada Post. Canpar's US partner is UPS. The US postal service turns shipments over to Canada post direct. You can arrange for tracking at various levels through the postal service.

Being in the logistics industry I have to deal with these guys daily. I wont give them (UPS) my business personally. There are other options out there be it personal or business, but they are hard to find (DHL is one, depending on the service areas.) The customs duties charged by these carriers is nothing more than a cash grab. There is a streamlined release system by CBSA that permits them to process these entries very easliy. http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/courier/lvs-efv/menu-eng.html (if you care). You also have the option to ship in bond and process it yourself ( if the carrier will support). You will however need lots of patience and the ability to be at a customs office for several hours duing business hours.

Personally - I would rather just pay my local tackle shop to bring it in for me . I support my neighbour, who uses a Canadian based customs broker with whom he has preferential rates (creating employment for more neighbours) and I dont have to deal with anything Big Brown (kind of appropriate name) . Some headaches just arent worth $20.00 - and well, if they are charging you $75 or more for brokerage fees........

Just my $0.02.

Well UPS got me I had a package sent to a friends in Ohio it was to be delivered Friday but when I checked to be sure it made it go figure they can not even get it right in there own country. They forgot part of the address so it was undeliverable what the hell. I wish I had known it was sent UPS I would have asked for USPS which is how this store sends to me in Canada. Thanks UPMS

Wow this is interesting.

We've been using UPS at work for shipments from US to Canada on average 3 times per week for the last 15 years and have not had a single shipment go missing or have any major issue. They've been quite reliable in my experience. That's not to say it isn't more costly when they clear your occasional package for you. We have a seperate customs broker so the only cost from UPS is the courier cost itself which hasn't been unreasonable. You definitely want to switch to a freight company though when you're getting close to 80 lbs or more.

I don't get it I live in the US and get parts and material thru UPS all of the time 4 to 6 times a week and have had only one package arrive beat up in 3 years. It was packed correctly so no damage was found. I do find that the cost of shipping is getting to high but it is across the board all of the shipping companies are going up due to fuel and expenses. I hope that UPS can get things straightened out up North because the company appears to be solid down here. I however have to say that till they do I will still continue sending things up North thru USPS it seems to be easier for you all to receive.

Art