Dodge Dart re-build photos

kickingfrog

Since a few guys posted photos of some old cars on the "speed limit on open lakes post" I thought I'd post some photos of my father in-laws Dodge Dart that he just finished working on.

I know squat about this stuff, so your questions will likely go unanswered. Feel Free to post yours, just cause I know squat doesn't mean I don't like to look.

IMGP5222.jpg

IMGP4365.jpg

IMGP4372.jpg

IMGP4362.jpg

See da battery in mine.. he needs one ! lol

Rochestor carburator = correct... most have Holleys on them ! I guess the real name for them is "Quadrajet"... not sure why, but as "kids" we always called them thermoquads. Maybe because they never worked right when they got hot!! LOL

Man, I miss the old days when you could open the hood and actually see the motor. I once had a '68 Dodge pickup that had so much room in the engine compartment that I could sit on the fender with my legs inside when I was working on the motor. (which I did a lot). The body steel was so thick, you could break a toe kicking it.(which I also did a lot).

Edited by fireball

See da battery in mine.. he needs one ! lol

Rochestor carburator = correct... most have Holleys on them ! I guess the real name for them is "Quadrajet"... not sure why, but as "kids" we always called them thermoquads. Maybe because they never worked right when they got hot!! LOL

We used to call them Quadrabogs!!! :whistling::lol:

Dang.. it's even got the right Thermoquad on it ! Now tell him to get rid of the CTC battery and hold down bar.. and put a script battery in it and he's golden! :thumbsup_anim:

4-bird.jpg

3-bird.jpg

6-bird.jpg

Is that your Superbird? The plymouth was a Superbird and the Dodge was a Daytona Charger right?

From what I understand, it is basically the Road Runner but with the areodynamic nose and spoiler ya? That thing owned Nascar until it was banned! Built for the big speed tracks like Talladega Speedway. Thats a nice car! If the numbers match with the original motor, she gotta be worth a bundle to say the least!

Ab

Edited by Abraxus

Is that your Superbird? The plymouth was a Superbird and the Dodge was a Daytona Charger right?

From what I understand, it is basically the Road Runner but with the areodynamic nose and spoiler ya? That thing owned Nascar until it was banned! Built for the big speed tracks like Talladega Speedway. Thats a nice car! If the numbers match with the original motor, she gotta be worth a bundle to say the least!

Ab

Click on his signature....you'll see how much it's worth.

Aaaaaaand, it comes complete with Wire-wheel spoke fenders and two-way sneeze through wind vents, star-studded mud guards, sponge-coated edible steering column, chrome fender dents - and factory air conditioned air from our fully factory-equipped air conditioned factory! It's a beautiful car friends, with doors to match!

Nice lookin cars, tho.

Edited by douG