Winter Vacation Advice...

Gerritt

Due to certain life changes.. I am in need of a break and get-a-way time.. (yah yah... single again.. FINALLY!) I am not looking to party, I just need to de-stress.

Looking to do a four day trip somewhere up north. Just to get away... here are a couple of things I am looking for.

Nice cabin

Ice fishing (of course)

Skidoo rental for the duration of the four days. ( I have my own sled.. but dont trust it)

Access to trails

A warm and relaxing atmosphere

For myself... and possibly one other...

If anyone has any suggestions I am all ears!

Thanks in advance folks.

G.

Edited by Gerritt

Let me get this straight you want to further NORTH as a vacation in the winter???? Head South my friend but wait till you guys stop sending all of the cold weather down here.

The Southern Contingency

Oh come on...winter only comes once a year...stop being such a baby

Due to certain life changes.. I am in need of a break and get-a-way time.. (yah yah... single again.. FINALLY!) I am not looking to party, I just need to de-stress.

Looking to do a four day trip somewhere up north. Just to get away... here are a couple of things I am looking for.

Nice cabin

Ice fishing (of course)

Skidoo rental for the duration of the four days. ( I have my own sled.. but dont trust it)

Access to trails

A warm and relaxing atmosphere

For myself... and possibly one other...

If anyone has any suggestions I am all ears!

Thanks in advance folks.

G.

A freind a few years back was kinda in the same boat.I told him to look up and follow the geese.There going south and will lead him to water.A week later he showed up relaxed and refreshed.A road trip to nowhere and anywhere.If I end up in a divorce Im going to BC and back to fish every body of water I come across.There and back with boat in tow.A life long dream trip of mine.And no headaches in the other seat. Anyway,Lodge 88 give them a shout,flyin I beleive and good hosts from what I wastold from friends and seen on wfn.i HOPE THIS HELPS

Let me get this straight you want to further NORTH as a vacation in the winter???? Head South my friend but wait till you guys stop sending all of the cold weather down here.

The Southern Contingency

Why not go north,Ive camped out a algonquin a couple times in march.I had a blast and didnt find it that cold at all.Snow up to our yingyangs but we where comfortable.Timmins also.

Can't help you with any of the leg work Gerritt. But I used to work with a fellow who took a weeks vacation every winter and ran the snowmobile trails up Cochrane way. He said the trails up there are fantastic and that Cochrane is a snowmobilers paradise so I would assume rentals might be a good possibility up there. He did bed and breakfast places alone the way and really had a great time. He wasn't a fisherman at all..but I know the area has it's share of fishing destinations.

He was so enthusiastic about his vacation every winter...almost made me wanna check into it myself sometime.

Just a suggestion G...wish I could be more helpful.

• 1 month later...

Spiel... no not yet... but then new work came up and kind of put a kink in things... massive job @ Henderson Hospital that I am in charge of.... Huge five floor asbestos abatement and rebuild.

But...

I am heading to Bernie's.. next friday in fact, and there just happens to be an open seat for you... should you be so inclined!

G.

The Southern Contingency

Lol, thinking the same thing!

Right here what you need to do...

Cheap flight from Buffalo to Costa Rica

Rent an enduro bike or ATV

Ride around the rain forests camping or finding local lodgings

Whenever you hit the coast rent a local panga to go out chasing yellowtail tuna, roosterfish and jacks.

Come home tanned, full of fresh caught tuna and stuffed with cheap local Central American food.

1 week of riding

costa_ricaDayFourMap-2.gif

Toto...we're not in Kansas anymore!

DSC01112.jpg

Forget dropping bundles of cash on a 40' sportfisherman charter, hire a local panga to go out chasing inshore fish.

Montazuma1.jpg

Deluxe housekeeping suite...$35/night

DSC01120.jpg

Single guy, working man's Costa Rica vacation, all for under USD$1k.

It's like taking a snowmobiling ice fishing vacation...only without the snow & ice...and the nightlife is livlier...and the bikini factor is much higher in Costa Rica this time of year than Chapleau :D