Having Problems Getting Gasoline? NF

ccmtcanada

So...with the problems at the refinery that supplies Esso and a few other independents, has anyone had problems buying gasoline today? I heard on the radio last night that there is no need to panic...but for the next 10 days, there may be rotating supply to Esso stations.

Well, this morning, I head to work....hit Bayview Avenue from the 401 down to Eglinton. The Esso had no gas, so I headed to the Shell station at Eglinton. They also had no gas because of Esso customers heading to that station.

The industry is saying that if panic buying were to take hold, we could be in trouble all around finding gas.

I hope it's not too bad this afternoon...I may or may not have enough to get home tonite!!!

Edited by ccmtcanada

Great...more gasoline supply shortage propganda to get in line for another gas price hike for the summer :rolleyes:

Tony

That's all it is, propaganda. The powers that be, know gasoline and all home utilities are necessities of life and people will pay whatever is dictated. And you all thought you lived in a

democracy.

If there was a real fear of gasoline shortage, wouldn't the governments or who ever, force

car manufactures to get rid of humvee's and produce more four cylinder cars.

It's all about corporate greed and nothing more. :angry:

You Know, I went to Toronto past weeknd to my fathers funeral and gas went up 7-10 cents. If you ask me, ITS GAS GOUGING TIME AGAIN. In the mean time its still 93.9 in North Battleford SK. Hasnt changed since SEP. I really like to squeeze somebodys neck. And that fella that decided to up the price of Diesal. Maybe if it was broadcasted to everyone who is price hiking, just maybe prices might steady. Yea get ready for Summer.

Just got gas in Hamilton at the Pioneer Upper James & Mohawk Paid 92.3 CTC at the same corner all roped off... Out off Gas... Every one still has gas including Esso at Upper James & Hester 1block away... Do I detect a scam... Wait till others run out as they put it then open up again at a Higher Price.... HMMMMMMM :whistling::wallbash:

They have more freekin excuses ( possibly lies ? ) to justify any price they want. Yes we in Sarnia had an explosion at the refinery a few weeks ago and there was the fire, but if those two operations can create this much chaos wait until the Canadian hurricane season. Canada is self sufficient in oil energy, we just choose to sell it to the rest of the markets, especially the US. Most oil producing nations charge their population a much lower rate than their customers but noooooo not us. It's obviously time for the Federal Government to take a serious in depth look at the collusion that goes on between oil companies. Funny thing is we are an oil ( energy ) based economy but no one seems to mention the obvious detriment to purchasing and manufacturing when prices rise.

Oh and while I'm at it let me mention the Hybrid......if we have pollution form emissions what is going to happen in the next 5 to 10 years when all these lead batteries used in these "efficient" vehicles have to be replaced. Hope they recycle!

It's not a supply problem as that were gonna run out of fuel, It's a problem that the fuel cannot be refined fast enough. I just stopped working in Dec for a company that transported fuel to the esso stattions. It been a problem since last summer. And for those who haven't heard both imperial plants have had explosions (Sarnia and Nanticote). Which is causing a slow down of refining fuel. And diesel is gonna be hard to get also, nairn truck centre just west of sudbury, is out of diesel.

My opinion is it's gonna get worse before it gets better.