Yamaha G3 Boats

bassman

I was looking for a review and/or opinion on the Yamaha G3 Boats. They appear to be well built and are considerably less than the some of the bigger boys ie. Lund and Princecraft.

Anyone on the board have one?

Thanks!

Considerably less than Lund or Princecraft? Are you sure? Where are getting your prices from? I am sure they are a good boat; but they have always seemed expensive to me.

Yep.. price JUST the boat and compare it to JUST the boat from Lund or Princecraft. My Lund is darn near valueless, in the grand scheme of things, when you take away the Verado/Kicker, options and toys! Don't be fooled on package price by falling for a "Legend style" prepackage MSRP...

G3 is a solid boat. I drove the 2010 175 and 185 models on Lake Couchiching recently, and they're very sweet rides. I'd buy one.

2009 was a very bad year in the boat business, and at this point, more than 50 percent of the North American boat industry is now unemployed. Yet in the midst of all that, G3 had record sales last year. That says a lot.

if you look at yamaha web site the price of the boats look very cheap, but and it's a big but, that price is for the hull only you still have to buy a motor to go with it. So first look at the price seems very cheap. Don't get fooled Yamaha boats cost just as much as other boats out there. Very nice boat, I want one!

Edited by LD17