Bass Pro Flyer Sale

joonmoon

Got the flyer in the mail just the other day and planned a visit on Sat morn because of a sale on the new Clam Fliphut Nanook. As usual my wife and I drive for an hour and BPS disappoints once again. We head to the ice fishing gear with high hopes of anticipation on getting a good deal on a nice new hut. I see the portables all set up and just like a kid in the candy store I'm in there checkin them out like a dirty shirt. But wait I can't find the one they advertised for $249. Where can it be. Then I read a sign they have on the insulated Clam Nanook that says something bout the price in the flyer and the picture they used don't match. Sorry for the inconvience.

Sorry for the inconvience....geez glad we only drove for and hour to get there. I asked about the regular hut and the rep said they were sold out long time ago and that the manufacturer isn't giving them enough stock......Man was I peeved. After ranting to my better half and complaining to myself and looking at all the other over priced portable huts I decided the best way to get back at them is to take my $500 plus that I was going to spend and go elsewhere.

So if anyone knows of somewhere I can buy a new two man flip style portable hut at a good price let me know.

I think my days of spending mega bucks at BPS are over, I would drive farther to spend less now....GGGGGRRRRRRRRRR. :angry:

Have never been impressed with Bass Pro. I went last fall to get Rocky boots on sale...the ones I wanted all GONE. Tried to get a floater suit last winter. Priced them at Bass pro cause I was out there. Then priced them in Oshawa where I live and they were $30 cheaper at Gagnon's in Oshawa.

I'm sure if I lived closer I would go more....but it certainly is not worth the drive from Oshawa.

Call Blake at Fishingworld. Small store service. Big box prices. One on one all the time and Prices are great. I drive from the East End all the time just for the Service. Everyone in that store is good at what they do. They just know about fishing and not something they should'nt.

Got the flyer in the mail just the other day and planned a visit on Sat morn because of a sale on the new Clam Fliphut Nanook. As usual my wife and I drive for an hour and BPS disappoints once again. We head to the ice fishing gear with high hopes of anticipation on getting a good deal on a nice new hut. I see the portables all set up and just like a kid in the candy store I'm in there checkin them out like a dirty shirt. But wait I can't find the one they advertised for $249. Where can it be. Then I read a sign they have on the insulated Clam Nanook that says something bout the price in the flyer and the picture they used don't match. Sorry for the inconvience.

Sorry for the inconvience....geez glad we only drove for and hour to get there. I asked about the regular hut and the rep said they were sold out long time ago and that the manufacturer isn't giving them enough stock......Man was I peeved. After ranting to my better half and complaining to myself and looking at all the other over priced portable huts I decided the best way to get back at them is to take my $500 plus that I was going to spend and go elsewhere.

So if anyone knows of somewhere I can buy a new two man flip style portable hut at a good price let me know.

I think my days of spending mega bucks at BPS are over, I would drive farther to spend less now....GGGGGRRRRRRRRRR. :angry:

Sorry to hear about your day JM, wasn't this sale on since the beginning of November? My experience with sales at BPS, if it's a great deal it will sell out fast... these were probably gone in a week at that price. Personally i've had a lot of good experiences with BPS, and when stuff like this happens you got to just deal with it. Companies like BPS spend a ton of money on print ads (usually done by an outside marketing company) and mistakes do happen....just got to take it in stride and understanding. Always call ahead!!!!

We stopped there on the 12th of November to pick up Dano on our way to BOQ. He bought and loaded a hut into his van before we left for Napanee in my Truck. Stated the sale had already been on for about 10 days and the huts had just come in that day. He'd been calling the store trying to get one. He wasn't taking a chance of waiting until Sunday and grabbed one on the Thursday. They had only received in 7 of the model he got ( I think the Yukon insulated roof). Pickins probably slim 2 weeks later.

Call Blake at Fishingworld. Small store service. Big box prices. One on one all the time and Prices are great. I drive from the East End all the time just for the Service. Everyone in that store is good at what they do. They just know about fishing and not something they should'nt.

X2.......

Burt :)

If you want firs pick for ice fishing stuff at BPS or Lebaron for that matter, better get there at the beginning of November. They have limited stock and it sells out fast.

Moreover, the service at both Bass Pro and Lebaron has been a consistent disappointment to me for a number of years. Sometimes I'm not sure if the sales reps don't know what they are talking about or if they just don't give a crap.

For the last number of years I have opted for online shopping if possible, but I guess the shipping will be a nightmare for a 2 man portable. Maybe try getting your local store to order one in for you?

(Un)fortunately it looks like you have a while to sort it out before first ice...

Sorry to hear about your bad luck with the long drive and service issues at BPS. My experience with a pricing issue on an ice hut at Bass Pro a couple of years ago was positive. The price in the flyer was $100 cheaper than it should have been and BPS honoured the price. I can't say my recent experiences with Best Buy and Amazon honouring misprinted prices turned out so well. At least Best Buy gave me a $10 coupon for the error - nothing from Amazon.

Does everyone remember the sale Bass pro had I think it was a year or so ago. Titanium spinner baits for like 3-4 bucks regular price was like 12 bucks. Well my buddy and I went very early in the morning before they opened and when we got there there was a big line up. Doors open everyone rushes in and I didn't even get to the bin with the spinner baits and they were sold out. Like a pack of piranhas I tell you. They only had 50 units. Everyone complained and they did nothing. I learned my lesson with bass pro. Be the first in the door for the sale or call before you go if you live far away. Sorry to hear you didn't get what you wanted. I guess they lack in service like the smaller shops that care about your business.

As a bass pro employee, we do our best to help our customers and when an item has been on sale for an entire month, how can you expect high stock?

We got a shipment of Nanooks today, and we sold out today. It's that time of year, great prices and people are all over it, the early bird gets the worm.

As a bass pro employee, we do our best to help our customers and when an item has been on sale for an entire month, how can you expect high stock?

We got a shipment of Nanooks today, and we sold out today. It's that time of year, great prices and people are all over it, the early bird gets the worm.

Steve a question.

If one of our members here,wanted a product that was on sale,could you hold it for them?

Just asking,not trying to put you on the spot.

And to add,if one did ask of this favor,dont screw Steve over.

Steve a question.

If one of our members here,wanted a product that was on sale,could you hold it for them?

Just asking,not trying to put you on the spot.

And to add,if one did ask of this favor,dont screw Steve over.

no can do partner, we cannot hold any sale items. If there was a hold tag on it, and someone wanted to buy it who was there, it would be sold, no questions. It's just policy, and I love OFC, but its not worth my job I can tell you that.

Looks like they did it again. A few weeks ago the Nanook was on sale for $279. In that flyer as well as this one they've shown the Nanook Thermal. I was there first day of sale and picked a Nanook up for $279 and at that time they had just received a truckload delivery. In the warehouse there was pallets of Nanooks everywhere, the regular one not the Thermal.