My ice fishing ATV

pxtyson

I built the front box last winter but never had the time to paint it.

Just gave it a coat of primer and went fishing. This fall I spent a bit of time cutting and painting in the garage.

Have a look

LAST YEAR FRONT BOX JUST BUILT

DSCN1722.jpg

THIS YEAR PAINTED

DSCN2050.jpg

DSCN2051.jpg

DSCN2052.jpg

I also needed a new back seat with some function. Where to put the GAS AUGER?

Ihh its cold out the so I also wanted to bring out a propane tank and started last year bringing a 20lb.

I went smaller with a 5lb this year and where the 20lb went I will now put my bucket

DSCN2057.jpg

DSCN2056.jpg

DSCN2055.jpg

DSCN2054.jpg

DSCN2062.jpg

DSCN2053.jpg

looks great, my only thought and not a criticism is that you are carrying a lot of weight up high so be careful for uneven ice, again nice job. Here is what I'm setting up for ice this year I just got it, has tracks too. Someone suggested tracks for your ATV that really would make it an ultimate ice fishing machine. Have fun!

Response2.JPG

I'm speechless! All you need is a foldout fishing hut and your set. lol

So are you taking orders? lol

I have a CLAM CORP fishtrap yukon that I tow behind it.

I made the box for when I go out by myself without the hut.

I have the hut mainly for the wife or REALLY cold days

pxtyson I think it be a great idea to see other ice fishing rigs, I know I got a couple ideas just from seeing your set up. I'm not sure that would be a high jack of your thread so maybe a new one could be started if there is interest.

looks great, my only thought and not a criticism is that you are carrying a lot of weight up high so be careful for uneven ice, again nice job. Here is what I'm setting up for ice this year I just got it, has tracks too. Someone suggested tracks for your ATV that really would make it an ultimate ice fishing machine. Have fun!

I have used the front box all last season just never had the time to paint it.

There is really no off balance issues with it, the only thing is it limits the view of the front tires when approaching obstacles

The nice thing is that if it where to ever go thru the ice the front box is water tight and will keep it afloat, or at least I hope.

That's crazy man.. thats craftsmanship right there, nice clean work man.. I need something like that for the sled.

I am a tool and die maker by trade and only do wood work as a hobby.

If you look in the background of some of the pics there is a really big cabinet, that was my summer project.

cost a fortune in plywood and hardware but it is my nicest toolbox ever.

Being a tool maker perfection is key and that carries over into my wood work which at times can be a little frustrating.

I am a tool and die maker by trade and only do wood work as a hobby.

If you look in the background of some of the pics there is a really big cabinet, that was my summer project.

cost a fortune in plywood and hardware but it is my nicest toolbox ever.

Being a tool maker perfection is key and that carries over into my wood work which at times can be a little frustrating.

I know what you mean.. I made this small Muskoka chair for my little cousin in Grade 11 woodshop, it was so hard to make everything perfect, but it still turned out great and I am very proud of it. Wish I had a picture to post.

Nice job...looks like you have the patience it takes..did I hear woodworker?

not to hijack but...current project.

5-2.jpg

They are looking really nice.

I have yet to get into fine carpentry, apart from some fish tank stands and tv stand.

I am waiting until I move next summer to upgrade to some larger equiptment and then try my hands at some stuff like you are building.