Working backwards to move fowards

BITEME

I had a major issue with my truck and went to war with Japeneese

Engineers. I didnt recieve the part I needed till later Saturday

afternoon and needed to have it all back together Sunday. I was still closed up in my shop doing

battle it needed to be done so that I would know if I had more work

ahead of me on Sunday. By 0200 all was back together and I dragged my

sorry butt to bed. Sunday was trial day and all worked well. Best part

of this whole job I only had 2 screws left. If anyone has changed a

heater core before they know were I am coming from with this it is one

of the first things they put on a vehicle when they build it. Heater Core

$500.00 Removal and replacment of the dash of a Toyota 4 Runner 20 hrs

4 litres of antifreeze $20.00 ,skin loss and dna transfeer free ,

doing it all yourself and saving $1600.00.....Priceless

Oh got a few pike to boot had to bike it though( just little 2 footers)

The Victim

The Weapons

The Surgery

The Recovery

The Celebration

Cheers

Biteme

moto_0050.jpg

Edited by BITEME.Esq

I'm in awe when I see such things.

I have my chest PUFFED way out when I assemble a new BBQ. And am darn surprised when it actually works after assembly...cause I usually have bags of spare parts and screws I didn't use :dunno:

Give yourself a pat on the back, relax and have yourself a beer. You earned it.

Yikes.

I have a motor teardown to do on my car...idle is all wrong. Thing is, I don't really feel like doing it. So hopefully the old beater gets through the winter and then Ill just get a new one...lol

Could be a vaccum leak....now dont shoot me for this but get a propane tourch and lift your hood open the gass on the tourch and vent gas on all the vaccum lines you have to take your time because it takes a little bit to get to the motor the ne will make your motor race a bit and youve found the leak

My 2 cents

I cant take all the credit for this, although I learned alot in life, the internet is an amazing tool. it cant turn wrenchs for you or FISH but you certainly pick the brains of a whole lot of people at the same time.And then there is a place like this with

VERY COOL PEOPLE

:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

THANKS

Peter

Edited by BITEME.Esq

Could be a vaccum leak....now dont shoot me for this but get a propane tourch and lift your hood open the gass on the tourch and vent gas on all the vaccum lines you have to take your time because it takes a little bit to get to the motor the ne will make your motor race a bit and youve found the leak

My 2 cents

I was thinking IACV or its in need of a cooling system purge... but vac leak is also a likely culprit and Ill have a look thanks!

last time I had heater core issues was with an '89 Corsica, I couldn't believe the stupidity of engineers burying it under the dashboard! Yes it did cost a good chunk of change to have a shop do the work.

My first experience with a heater core replacement was so simple! It was a '71 Ford Custom 500 with a 302 motor, predecessor to the recent Ford 5 litre. The whole job cost me 15 bucks! Just had to pop the hood, undo 2 heater hoses into the firewall, remove a few screws, pop out the core and take it into the rad shop that used to be at the corner of Brant and Grahams Lane in Burlington. Get it recored, pay the dude 15 bucks and take it back home and replace it. Ahhh so simple...why are cars so complicated anymore :(:wallbash:

My hats' :thumbsup_anim: off to you for accomplishing such a PIT :asshat: job.

I was thinking IACV or its in need of a cooling system purge... but vac leak is also a likely culprit and Ill have a look thanks!

cleaning the IACV is a good place to start but it could be a temperature sensor, that would cause the idle to go up and down if the engine can't work out whether it's hot or cold.

Good job on the heater Biteme, hope you don't end up with loads of rattles after taking the dash out!

Edited by cuzza