Anyone ever hit a deer ?

StoneFly

Cheers to all the Responsible Hunters,...you guys do the ecological work and help manage the wildlife!!!

I dont hunt myself, but I have a great respect for our licensed hunters, (I grew up with hunters and Ive eaten it all and its all Deliscious....Wild Boar Ribs have got to be one of the best...isnt there some good hunting for them in the southern U.S right now? I remember making a dish once called Frickodella (Danish) and it was a moose fillet and a bear fillet,..with a bunch of sauce and cheese in between.....that was Amazing!!! Jack rasbbitt is also quite tasty.)

Years ago... I hit a big buck deer driving 100km/hr in a 1990 Subaru around 10 pm in November. NOW that was a TRIP...like a camera flash with a 300 lb buck 10 ft. in front of me, then the lights go out, hence the camera flash,...then im going 30km/hr and heading to the side of the road,....seatbelt on,...front end of the car crumpled, and draining fluid large,...the cars done!!!.....but wheres the deer?,...some fur in the crumpled hood, ...no deer around,,...I hit this Badboy DEAD on!!!!.....start walking back to the last carpool...within 30 seconds a towtruck pulls over.... he yells "you ok ??" I say "Yeah man" as Im walking back,...he say's 'Do you want the Deer"? lol.

So anyways,...the towtruck guy and I look for the deer and found it,...300lbs easy Big 12 pt buck....drag it back to his truck....and I ask him,..."where are you taking it? " He tells Me the butcher "M***** N******" lol,...who was a buddy I knew in gradeschool and had'nt seen in years,....so he takes off with the deer,...it just dawns on me that although we called the cops,..the evidence was gone,...lol.

The Cops show up its obvious I hit something, but 'where's the deer'...lol....so I showed the meat in the hood to prove it,...LMAO,...it all turned out fine and had those steaks for a dinner a week later and reunited with some old friends,....

Turns out the guy on one side of the hwy I was travelling was putting out deer scents and food for weeks right by the highway along the edge of his property to lure the deer in to kill them on his land.

I was the 7th car to hit a deer along that 1km stretch of highway in a week. This spot is only 20 minutes north of Steeles. I nearly missed one the night before, same spot of Hwy.

Please be careful people!!!

Deer are everywhere and so are hikers, fisherman and birdwatchers,

cheers,

Holy Crap! That's a nice buck! Also quite a bit of damage to your truck, wow!

A few years ago, I used to work afternoons. Got off at 11pm and was driving through Victoria Harbour, heading home. A deer ran out in front of me, so I slammed on the brakes and thought to myself "Holy crap, that was close", just as I said that...BANG....another deer runs into the side of my door and puts a massive dent in it. Unbelievable....ONE WEEK LATER....driving down one of the concessions after work, going to light a cigarette and I see a deer running out...I guess I was close to the shoulder and moved the wheel a little and it caught my wheel and I went head on into a tree at 80 k...truck was complete right off. Thank god for seat bets, I still have the burn mark in my work jacket from that accident. Unbelievalbe.

Hit a doe on hwy 9 in the Greenock swamp one night about 5years ago. Killed it instantly not much damage to my Ford Exploder Sport. 3 cars pass me, and the 4th stops......a young lady in her early 30s......."Do you want the deer? Wow that sounds funny I bet" I reply that I'm aware that people take road deers for food. I did find it odd that an attractive young lady would ask for it.....but figured a hillybilly or somebody living back in the swamp area might take it. Anyways, I help her carry it to her pretty new car, as we pass by, her 2 young children in the car smiling and laughing......blood dripping out of it's mouth as we lift it into her trunk with childrens toys pushed to the back of it.

Heard from a collision center in Walkerton, a deer got creamed one night and did lots of damage to the first car, but a pass car got it worse.....the deer jumped into the rear window of a passing car and then spilled it's stomach contents, organs and all in the back seat.........nasty!

I have had a deer hit me , It jumped the ditch and head first into my front quarter panel crushing that, then rolling down my door denting it , and than a big dent in the rear quarter there was hair and blood wedged in the trim and door handle but the deer was gone i looked that night as well as the next day , this was driving out of Burks Falls up to 3 mile lake

ever seen the coyote Vs nascar one , i wont post it on here but if you google you can see it

Weak stomachs need not google lol

Edited by Wiser

Last year a friend of a friend actually hit a deer on his brand new snowmobile. He came out with only minor injuries (sore shoulder) and the deer ran away back into the bush. The sled on the other hand suffered $4000.00 damage.

His lucky day for sure.

Cheers

Craig

Freezing rain + oncoming traffic at night made for an unpleasant surprise. I was blinded by oncoming and then there was a deer 2 feet in front. Had to drive the car for three months lke that until I found one in the wreckers. At that point it was a days work and $100 to fix. New rad, headlight, corner, grill, hood and a badly bent rad support. There is still deer hair around the engine. Never found the deer.

P4252871.jpg

Turns out the guy on one side of the hwy I was travelling was putting out deer scents and food for weeks right by the highway along the edge of his property to lure the deer in to kill them on his land.

I was the 7th car to hit a deer along that 1km stretch of highway in a week. This spot is only 20 minutes north of Steeles. I nearly missed one the night before, same spot of Hwy.

Please be careful people!!!

Deer are everywhere and so are hikers, fisherman and birdwatchers,

cheers,

Someone baiting deer near the road was somewhat irresponsible, 7 other accidents!

Right in a heavily populated and travelled area as well.

Despite the free meat, sounds like hitting a deer is a terrible and very dangerous experience.

i have an acquaintance that lost his wife to a deer kill.

She hit the deer on the 403 a number of years ago.... DECAPITATED her.

Her two daughters were in the back seat at the time.... their mom's head landed on the eldest daughters lap....

My friend got the call from the other daughter while they were still in the car !

The girls still struggle with it and have received all kinds of counseling for bereavement and PTSD.

I say,,, let the hunters do their job... cull the herds to manageable numbers in their respective areas of the country.