Picton Was Absolutely On Fire Today..

RSB

Not to mention a LITTLE busy.. hahahaha.. I seen a few OFC'rs out there, passed on the hwy 33 who was doing 75 in an 80 zone.. THE NERVE.. :D That was me who honked at you as I passed.. :P Hope you guys have a blast at the M&G!!

It was truly a trip of a life time.. Something that I don’t think will ever happen again.. My brother and I got started just before 8:00.. Shortly after 8:00, a dippsy goes and my brother lands the first fish, a nice 29”, 10.2 lb beauty.. The 10 lb marker is officially broken.. hehehehehe.. BUT not by me, YET.. :dunno: Back she goes..

10two.jpg

OK, we are off to a good start.. My turn, not long after a planer goes and I get the twin of the first.. Just over 29.5” and 10.1 Ibs.. NOW we are talking.. :D Back she goes.. WOW, what a start..

10one.jpg

Again, set back up, go to lite a smoke, dippsy goes off again, DAMN BROTHER, it’s his turn.. :angry::angry::angry: The BIGGEST pickerel I have ever seen, 31.5” and 11.6 lb’s… OMG.. Our first three fish were ALL over 10 lbs.. :thumbsup_anim:

11five.jpg

By 9:30 we were 4 for 6.. I thought, Man what a day.. MAN WAS I IN FOR A SURPRISE..

10five.jpg

We ended up getting FIVE the were over 10 lbs and we lost one that I know was that big.. We could not catch a keeper.. :D

10even.jpg

At one point, I had to put the boat in neutral.. One fish just landed and released and then another rod goes off, WHILE I was doing a circle.. hahahaha.. I actually felt like there was to much going on, PUT THE DAMN BOAT IN NUTERAL.. :blush:

Another10.jpg

We did end up with 4 that were between 3 and 5 lbs that we kept for some good feeds.. And believe it or not, we ended up going 14 for 17..

4keeps.jpg

All fish weighed on a Rapal scale.. All fish released appeared to swim away with no problems..

Like I said, a trip of a life time and I don’t think it will ever happen again, BUT IT DID happen and all I can say is …. WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BTW - COOL NEW BOARD!!

RSB!!

Nice work out there guys! This would have been the weekend I was planning on heading up but I went to Moon instead last week. <_< Man, when it's on, it's on!

Whereabouts in Picton were you guys working? I've had luck just east of the ferry, near the cement plant and in the actual harbour at night. And what were you trolling? Mine were caught on Clown Coloured Taildancers during the day and floating stickbaits at night.

Thanks for sharing!

THANKS FOLKS!!

Big Swede, we were working the area east of the ferry to just past the yellow bouy.. I tried to stay away from the crowds.. Most people seemed to be hugging the south shore for some reason.. As for the lures, the colour was purple and white.. The usual suspects did not work so good.. We got three on the Manns 20, BB Muffin and Dr D.. BUT Rapala kicked ass..

BigChev4X4 - Hope you are recovery my friend.. The auger blades will be replace soon and a drilling we will go.. :D:D:D As for the VEX, well, I did buy the FL 20 and I now have an FL 18 I'm not sure what I am going to do with.. :dunno::dunno::dunno:

Hey Dan The Man... To bad my brother didn't undo his floater suite.. hehehehe.. You would have seen your FAVORITE logo.. You know, that UGLY CH.. You hab fans.. :worthy::worthy::worthy:

RSB!!

Congrats on a fantastic day!!! Talk about getting them 'dialed in'!!!

I couldn't make a weekend event due to the work thing, but maybe during the week.......

Talk about incentive!!!! Oh, and special thanks for the tips given on baits. Nice to get some helpful advice from the 'pros'!! :worthy: