Jigging for Walleyes Report - Sept 20th 2009

Leecher

The mission today was for Paul and I to head over to Lac St-Marie early morning til noonish to see if we could entice some eyes to hit our jigs. Hadn't had a good feed of eyes for some time now and was really looking forward to it :)

Got up early and when I looked out the window..... this is what the reading on the thermometer was :blink:

IMGP2067.jpg

2C Shock!!! Man talk about change of plan.... had to bring extra clothing for this trip :lol: The good thing was, there was no wind.... Perfect!!! Left home at 5:00am as usual, pit stop to Tims and the way we go.... Got to destination at around 6:15ish, launched to boat and proceeded to our favorite spot in the fog :w00t: Surface temp was 64.4F, positioned the boat and started drifting....

here's a pic of where we started

IMGP2068.jpg

This area is a big weedy flat with some variation in water depth.... 10' to 15' is what you will find here with some underwater holes that reach to 30'

Didn't take long for Paul to land this beauty.... just over the slot size 12" and change

IMGP2069.jpg

Little one but was our first... In the live well it goes... Kept working the flats and got this pic of Paul working hard at it....

IMGP2070.jpg

We did manage a few more but they were under the slot so back they went in a hurry :(

We then tried to work around the closest island and found a weedy hump.... on the hump was around 9' fow and on the one side dropping into 15'.... this is where I landed my biggest of the day.... a 19"er :w00t:

Here is the pic

IMGP2072.jpg

We kept working the new found spot and got reward again with a 13"er

IMGP2074.jpg

At around 12:30pm we called it a day..... All in all, we ended up catching 6 eyes and keeping 3. Got into a few SMB's, perch and rock bass while jigging. Lure of choice was a 1/4oz chartreuse jig dressed with a twister tail, tipped with a worm.

Won't be the biggest feed but at least will be able to taste some :lol:

Thanks Paul for an awesome time!!!

Will have to do it again soon :D

Hope you enjoy!

Leechman

Edited by Leechman

http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww321/l...09/IMGP2072.jpg

Now there is a pure Golden Nugget right there man!

:worthy::worthy:

Congrats to you and paul for a great outting.

Thanks Kev!!! This is my biggest on softwater so far B)

Real Good Leechman

I was out for a bit today and just got a couple gators and a few perch--no willy's

Bushart

Thanks bushart!!!

That picture should be in a pamphlet somewhere, it is a gorgeous shot.

Nice job as always on the fishing and the report.

Jim

Thanks Jim!!! Paul took that shot and I like it too!!!

Good fishing! What a difference in weather from here. it was something like 36 yesterday. wheres fall already

Thanks troutologist!!! Yeah it felt more like winter this morning.... I was wearing a triple layer out in the boat for a while LOL

http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww321/l...09/IMGP2067.jpg

Come November,you,ll be be atching that it,s to warm. :lol::lol:

Nice report bud. :Gonefishing:

Thanks Brian!!! I hear ya on that LOL

Great hauling Jacques and Paul :thumbsup_anim:

Well done with a great report to boot!

Thanks Mike!!!

Very nice :thumbsup_anim:

Joey

Thanks Joey!!!

Nice fish.

How did the boat launching and take-out go? lol

Thanks Chris!!! No hickups this time I stayed cleared..... Paul did a fine job LOL

Hey Paul, where are the other pics???

Nice fish and nice report budday!!

cheers

HD

Thanks Fidel!!!

Looks like a decent day of Pickeral fishing Jacques!!! :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim: ... but I gotta tell ya, I would freeze to death in 35*F weather right now!!! :blink:

It sounds like that cold front up there made the fishin' slow... but it looks like you and Paul did well considering the conditions!!! :clapping:

Thanks for taking the time to post those nice pic and report!!!

Great job and excellent pics leechman. Nothing better then Stick'n some nice Walleye on jigs.

Temps have be cold the past few mornings and water temps are starting to drop... the action will slow down somewhat during the turnover then pic back up again for all us 'Diehards' out there..... Greg.