Coaster Brook Trout

Guidofisherman

Details??? If I tell you, I would have to kill you! Actually, it reminds me of a saying from an unknown source that said, " All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

At times these fish will hit anything and then when you just have them figured out...they get lock-jaw for several days. I use a combination of fly fishing with streamers and spinning gear with my homemade jig flies. It generaly represents a sculpin pattern. Everyone of our group caught fish on different coloured heads and bodies, so we still haven't got them figured out. As a general rule, brook trout prefer shallow water, but they have been caught deep and they seem sensitive to pressure changes and the need for cold water. My buddy who caught this fish wanted to keep it as it was legal (over 22"), but I reminded him it was a long swim back to the launch.

Here are a few more Photoshop framed shots of the big guy. Note: I tagged this guy behind the dorsal fin. Good luck!

Out_of_bounds-bri-w.jpg

release-frame-w.jpg

I know the spot I know the spot!

Can I tell huh huh can I can I????

Nice Brookie Guido. I bet that fish had hook marks in him from when we were up there a while back. I can almost guarantee you on which rock you got him on too!

PS: Too bad they did the Fishin Canada Show up there, I think it made it busier than normal.

Cheers, Ron...