Spammer update and feature reduction

bigfish1965

We had to disable the Mass PM feature. Most of you probably didn't use it anyway, but PM's have to be done one at a time now.

We apologise for the inconvenience but the new spamming software being used is slightly ahead of the software to combat it. We hope this makes it more difficult for the spammers and makes us too much trouble and they will move on. All the admins have been very busy blocking and deleting accounts, but they kept coming right back...so we kinda had to play hardball.

We have taken other measures..some a bit more drastic than we wanted to, but the software we are up against is far more complicated than anything I have run into before. Its all over the internet the last few weeks.

Should we find a way to combat it more effectively we can turn the Mass PM feature back on.

The next generation software for the site will have more effective controls from what I have read, so until then we will keep doing what we can.

Should you get any new spam PM's please let me know.

Again, our apologies for the inconvenience and hopefully these dude's give up soon.

Oh yeah, if you go on vacation to either Senegal, South Africa or the Ivory Coast, you won't be able to access the site...lol.

I can't decide between Chris and Dan, myself.

I've never really thought of Chris or Dan in those terms, Rick. You shouldn't really just be looking at physical appearance if looking to marry one of them though.

I've never really thought of Chris or Dan in those terms, Rick. You shouldn't really just be looking at physical appearance if looking to marry one of them though.

Exactly. It's more a case of fine custom built rods vs. big brookies.

Sorry Chris you lose! :lol:

those PM's were as close to a date as some members of this page have gotten!

:D

I can't decide between Chris and Dan, myself.

Awe shucks. :blush: *drags toe through the sand*

Shhhhh I think I hear banjo's .........

Art

Like Roy said. :D

Exactly. It's more a case of fine custom built rods vs. big brookies.

Sorry Chris you lose! :lol:

:D

Awe shucks, again. :rolleyes: