Damn neighbours and their dog NF

Hooked

I pretty much ignore my one neighbour, unfortunately, it's alot more difficult when you live in a semi-detatched house, and they are attatched. Not to mind, I have been having an issue for them for sometime now. What is happening is that they are letting their dog out on the lawn, no leash, and he happens to enjoy taking dumps on my lawn. The first couple times I cleaned it up myself, then eventually started asking them to do it. This has been going on for a year and a bit now. To give you an idea, last year when the snow melted, I found over a dozen droppings. Well, I knocked on their door and informed them to clean it up, in a very nice way. Another time, my wife caught the one young daughter scoop the poop up and toss it in front of our window, not knowing my wife was there.

Well, today I was shovelling the same time the nasty witch was out, the mom, seen their dog come over to my lawn, gave him the evil eye and booked off. Well, I took a break and came back, I looked where the dog was before, turned out he went back and took a dump there. I go over to the neighbour and informed her of it, cuz ain't no way I'm cleaning it up. She obviously had something built up, she just waved her hands away and said to clean it up myself, she had some other choice words to. I'm like, OK....freak. I go over to the poop, scoop it up and toss it on their lawn.

I am a very easy going type of guy, and certainly try to avoid conflict, but I just had enough here, no more mister nice guy. We have done nothing directly wrong to these people, and I find it extremely insulting the lack of respect they show. I called the local police station, just to find out who enforces local by-laws, cuz I know a fine can be levy'd.

They suggested the SPCA or City Hall. Called the SPCA, couldn't get a hold of anyone, and the City Hall was closed today. Any suggestions here, because the next time their dog does it, its not going to be me knocking on their door.

Whew, sorry for the long winded speach here.

I believe there was a movie with Jim Carrey in it (the name escapes me right now) where the dog kept doing that in his yard and the neighbours didn't give a crap.

So he finally snaps one day and goes over to the neighbours house, takes the newspaper and takes a dump in their front yard while reading the paper. It was classic. You could try that.

Joey

I believe there was a movie with Jim Carrey in it (the name escapes me right now) where the dog kept doing that in his yard and the neighbours didn't give a crap.

So he finally snaps one day and goes over to the neighbours house, takes the newspaper and takes a dump in their front yard while reading the paper. It was classic. You could try that.

Joey

Hey Joey that movie that you are thinking of is Me,Myself, and Irene. :thumbsup_anim:

Aren't you spose'd to light the box on fire before you ring the doorbell.

When I was a kid my buddie had this old neighbor who didn't like kids he would keep our football and frizbee if it went over his fence.Well we had enough so we filled a brown paper bag full of dog poop donated by a friend with a huge Germain sheppard.We lit the bag in front of the door rang the doorbell .Man his slippers became the pooper stomper pickerer upper.We laughed for an hour.

Plan B let the dog outside the yard and then call the pound.It will cost him $$$$$$$$$$$ to pick the dog up.

These people have no class at all.If you own the place I would be selling and moving.MTP :wallbash:

you could gather a few dog logs, buy a brownie mix, cook the brownies and offer them as a gift to let "by-gones be by-gones". or buy a tub of lard and set it out, after the pooch gets enough of that, he wont make out the door of their house cause he will be crapping all over theirs. j/ k its not the dogs fault, im sure its smarter and better trained than its owners.

Where do you live? Here is a link for the toronto municipal code that mentions the by-laws for dogs, including allowing them to roam at large and also the removal of excriment. Toronto Municipal Code

The police can enforce the By-laws but generally wont. Best bet is to call the city by law enforcement office. Keep all evidence you can, ie video, pictures, written diary, (not bags of poo <_< ) Make yourself a nuisance to the by-law guy or gal, they will try to sort out the problem just to get you out of their hair!

I saw that you are from the Hamilton area from a previous post so I did some searching. According to Hamilton Bylaw 01-169:

2 (1) No dog owner shall acquiesce in, allow, permit or cause, their dog to run at large.

4 (1) Subject to subsection (3) no dog owner shall allow, permit, acquiesce in, or cause the dog to be found on the following premises:

a. a public park

b. a highway or other municipal property

c. private property other than the property of the dog owner without prior consent of the property owner

5. Every dog owner shall

b ensure that the dog is sufficiently trained so as to remain on the premesis of the dog owner

General inquiries for the city

905 546 CITY (2489)

Be the squeaky wheel. Call EVERY time it happens.

Lay out some hamburg or dog treats laced with cayenne pepper (hotter the better) in the area that the dog usually goes on your property. Doesn't really harm the dog, causes a burning sensation for a few minutes, but not likely the dog will return to that spot again.

Worked for cats making a mess of my yard, don't see why it won't work for dogs. Dumb animals can't figure out what is causing it and associate it with where they were.

If it is true that "dogs think they're human, cats think they're god", then your neighbours dog must think he is Jim Carrey.

My buddy had a tiny dog about 5 pounds that never left the yard, and he also had a very nasty old lady living next door to him and they'd fought for years.

One day he saw the old girl pick up a shovel full of dog dirt from her yard and toss it over the fence onto his front lawn. He ran out and asked what she was doing, and she said....... "I don't have a dog, so this mess must be yours"....... even though his tiny pooch couldn't possibly be the offender.

The old girl had a huge maple tree on her property and buddy had no trees.

In the fall, half the leaves from her tree fell on his property and he went out and raked them up as he always did and filled about 10 bags with leaves and then just waited.

Eventually, the old girl decided to rake her leaves and spent all day cleaning up her property and also filled about 10 bags and placed them at the curb for pick-up.

The next day, buddy took all his leaves next door and dumped them all over her nicely cleaned property. She saw what he'd done and came running over in a rage and asked what the he!! he was doing.

He just said...."I don't have a tree, so this mess must be yours".....and walked away :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

There's always a way to get even :whistling:

Buddy's been dead for many years now but I laff everytime I think of that story.

I would call by-law as stated above... I good friend of mine is a by-law officer in Halton and he loves handing out fines to people that don`t clean up after their dogs, (even on their own property) it`s not a cheap fine if I remember right..

Make sure to let us know what route you go...

Doug

I have a very large dog you could borrow for a few weeks fill himfull of prune juice and let him loose.Or just pick up the dog pooh and throw it at their window with a shovel of course.I am pretty sure that if you throw pooh at the window a few times it will stop. :whistling::whistling: or you could try the jerry springer show. :jerry::jerry: