How many of you would use this

Basscat

Even though I am running a Hummingbird SI unit on my counsel and a 522C on my bow I still like to get my eye balls under the water. I have been using my old Aqua Vu in open water more and more lately and am considering purchasing a MAV as the price has come down considerably since they were first introduced. I lkie the idea of running it hands free so I can fish while viewing I found a company Click Here selling them for next to nothing. Does anyone have experience with this unit?

Edited by Basscat

Depends how bad of a fisherman he or she is...if your bad, get a camera and look for the fish...Maybe for underwater filming this product would be great but using it while fishing....use the fish finder to see how far down ur bait is and the camera to see the fish bite it..then get a automatic hook set rod with a electric reel to bring the fish to the boat for you...O and don't forget a guide to take the fish off and throw it back for you.

Sorry...been a long nite, somebody lend me the cash and I'll get on :thumbsup_anim:

That would be cool to use in clear water like Simcoe, but goodluck if the lake is somewhat tea stained.

More of a toy then anything... a $1000 toy at that.

And just what part of the boat and everything in it isn't a TOY?

Love the concept .. I actually have an Aqua Vu and was a little disappointed at the range of visibility under water (I have the 120' cabe and the infrared so I was hoping to watch Lakers and Whities out on the ice ... but the truth is in the boat it is a bit awkward while fishing ... that looks kinda cool :)

But first the side scanning Sonar :)

After trying to find my neighbours outboard this spring with an AquaView in 30 FOW, for almost three weeks.... with the two of us in a paddle boat no less... I'm glad I never bothered to buy an underwater camera. Can't see a good use for it while seriously fishing.. other than taking up your day staring at the screen.

After trying to find my neighbours outboard this spring with an AquaView in 30 FOW, for almost three weeks.... with the two of us in a paddle boat no less... I'm glad I never bothered to buy an underwater camera. Can't see a good use for it while seriously fishing.. other than taking up your day staring at the screen.

Well .... did you ever find it Wayne ?

Even though I am running a Hummingbird SI unit on my counsel and a 522C on my bow I still like to get my eye balls under the water. I have been using my old Aqua Vu in open water more and more lately and am considering purchasing a MAV as the price has come down considerably since they were first introduced. I lkie the idea of running it hands free so I can fish while viewing I found a company Click Here selling them for next to nothing. Does anyone have experience with this unit?

$999 USD plus shipping is "next to nothing"???

Are there any other items that you need? I would be glad to sell you some of stuff for "next to nothing" :whistling:

Just wondering, can you control which direction the camera points on these devices? If I was spending that kind of money I would certainly want to be able to pan the camera from side to side so that I would be ensured of being able to view the in the direction that I wanted to see.

Edited by JohnBacon

I have an Aqua-View and used it last year to help me learn more about walleye habits. I found it VERY useful and intend to use it again this year. Instead of just using it the way it is intended, I rigged mine so that it points straight down so I can suspend it above bottom and actually see fish coming in and their reaction to my baits. It also allowed me to figure out that the walleye were migrating through the spot I was fishing and exiting which explayned the fact that the bite would turn on and then back off again. they came, they ate, they left. By moving in the direction that they left in, I could continue to catch fish. I haven't had a chance to install it in the new boat yet but you can be sure I will soon.

If there is a lot of silt in the water your range is reduced but I am usually fihing in about 8-12' of water, I can often clearly see about 10'; far enough away that it doesn't spook the fish but helps me learn about what works and what doesn't.

BUT! Each to their own!

I have an Aqua-View and used it last year to help me learn more about walleye habits. I found it VERY useful and intend to use it again this year. Instead of just using it the way it is intended, I rigged mine so that it points straight down so I can suspend it above bottom and actually see fish coming in and their reaction to my baits. It also allowed me to figure out that the walleye were migrating through the spot I was fishing and exiting which explayned the fact that the bite would turn on and then back off again. they came, they ate, they left. By moving in the direction that they left in, I could continue to catch fish. I haven't had a chance to install it in the new boat yet but you can be sure I will soon.

If there is a lot of silt in the water your range is reduced but I am usually fihing in about 8-12' of water, I can often clearly see about 10'; far enough away that it doesn't spook the fish but helps me learn about what works and what doesn't.

BUT! Each to their own!

Yep ... I agree .. I had mine rigged 'through the tail' for vertical fishing .. and could watch fish coming in for a sniff ... lots of fun while ice fishing ... I also drilled a hole near the front and attached a snap swivel so I could point it backwards and watch my lure while trolling ... makes you dizzy ... but neat to see how many fish come look but dont hit ...

Edited by camillj

I think that it depends on the clarity of the water you fish most often. Down here the water has to much sediment in the places I fish to be a viable tool.

On another note the price of the unit appears to be low it might be either refurbished or an older model that they are selling out. I would check the fine print just to make sure you are getting what you think you are.

Art

I tried to use my digital camera to record my underwater camera, but I didn't have much luck, I could see the screen fine but the digital cam just had a hard time seeing it

also the screen on my digi camera was hard to see in the sun, so I just couldn't see what I was doing

but I could see it fine and the weeds and the fish

I was moving with the electric motor in 18 to 30 ft of water

I saw lots of fish on my fishfinder and thought they would be perch but almost all of them were sunfish

in 22ft of water I saw a bunch of small carp but couldn't get a picture of it

next time I will hook up a recorder to it