Bought a boat today

Cudz

I bought a boat today for my family to use. It is not much of a fishing boat but I will still fish out of it.

It is an 18' cadorette bowrider with a 4.3l I/O. I looked at many boats in my budget and this was very clean. I would have loved to buy a fishing boat but with 3 daughters (8, 6, and 3) I thought I had better get something we can all enjoy.

Check out the fishfinder. It is a classic.

It also came with a nice shorelander trailer.

I have to get rid of TONY now.

here are a few pics

newboat6.jpg

newboat7.jpg

newboat1.jpg

newboat2.jpg

newboat4.jpg

newboat5.jpg

Edited by Cudz

You can't get rid of the tub! You won't want to take that fancy bowrider out for your late fall perchin expeditions. Ice and fibreglass are a bad combination.

My fishing partner has a 14' Sylvan sea snapper with a 20 merc. That is what we fish out of these days. Pure luxury compared to TONY

I remember that boat Cudz I had one of those Thornes 12 footers exactly like yours I should have called it flipper because thats what I did with it.

I had an 8hp Yammy on it almost the same as you .Enjoy the new boat get it slimed.

Those boats are a bit less stable than new aluminum boats.

On a side note, Do you think your minivan is loaded down enough? haha

Nice!!!

It can be made into a decent fishing boat by simply making a removable box/pedestal seat system for the front, removing the cushions when fishing and removing the seat box when not. Plus add a bowmount trolling motor and yer good to go. If the cushions are fairly solid they could just be left in place. Putting in the removable seat base and seat would take 30 seconds. Heck if you wanted to get fancy you could even make a door on the stern end of the box that would open revealing a stack of plano boxes. B)

Have a look at the artists rendering and imagine a pedestal seat and trolling motor. :D

Upgrade.jpg

Edited by DRIFTER_016