Another species off my list... NICE SIZE TOO! :|

rbaquial

Hey Folks,

So, I headed to my grandparents & cousins place for the weekend - Was looking forward to Bass-Opener ALL WEEKEND. Managed to fish on the Saturday night.....casted for literally about 25min.....and landed this gorgeous fish.... *Sorry for the blurr, my camera decided to be stupid all the sudden :P*

1st_Ever_Trout.jpg

Decided to take it home and cook it up...

1st_Ever_Trout2.jpg

Now I have NOOOO IDEAAAA what the name of this fish is.... but I've seen a few of you guys/gals catching this before......and its a gorgeous looking fish!!

Oh... want to hear the best part? I didn't know such a 'Graceful' looking fish would have teeth.....WOW did it hurt!! I was ABOUT to try and lip it... but saw

really jagged teeth...and was like..."what the hell?"....so, I decided to gill/lift it.... my finger went deep enough that my finger landed on a tooth - and as it decided

to trash.... it sliced my finger nicely. So... needless to say... it now takes me an extra 2min to tie my shoe! :P

What is the name of this fish anyway?

What's the average size?

Thanks Folks!

Hopefully the next outing will have bass.....and not another 'specie' i can cross off my list - then again, its not a 'terrible' idea...right?

Cyaz!!

Rob

PS: The weapon of choice was... what I call my "Steak and Potatoes"... good old "Dave Mercer's: Mercer's Magic".

MercersMagicXRAP.jpg

The worst part about this whole trip - I USED to have 3-4 of these MERCER'S MAGIC... lost 3 of them (from previous fishing trips).... last one was caught on the rocks courtesy of "The Wife" *DA! DA! DAAAA!!* ... couldn't get it loose for the life of me.... line eventually snapped! :(

EDIT: MORE PICTURES of the FISH - TOOK IT OFF FIANCEE's LAPTOP/CAMERA - I knew I was gonna marry her for something!

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

Edited by A2F

A2F,

Someone mentioned Lake Ontario? Just curious, is that where the cottage was that you were fishing at? reason I ask, is that I wouldn't normally expect Brown Trout to be in the same body of water as Bass (maybe SmallMouth)? Certainly not on the inland lakes. Great Lakes would be an exception.

Nice fish just the same. Was it tasty?

A neighbour of mine caught a nice trout out of the Credit when we fished it many years ago. He was all excited to eat it until he found out it tasted like river bottom mud! LOL

He had a big dinner all planned with friends over. Ended up ordering Chinese food in.

I still laugh about it!

A2F,

Someone mentioned Lake Ontario? Just curious, is that where the cottage was that you were fishing at? reason I ask, is that I wouldn't normally expect Brown Trout to be in the same body of water as Bass (maybe SmallMouth)? Certainly not on the inland lakes. Great Lakes would be an exception.

Nice fish just the same. Was it tasty?

A neighbour of mine caught a nice trout out of the Credit when we fished it many years ago. He was all excited to eat it until he found out it tasted like river bottom mud! LOL

He had a big dinner all planned with friends over. Ended up ordering Chinese food in.

I still laugh about it!

Nah Bud... That was actually at Lake Erie. I love fishing that lake!! :D