Great Day at Jiggy Jiggy...

TJQ

So the girls watched some movies last night, and we slept in this morning. Mckenzie hadn't caught a fish yet so I promised her we would go out till we caught her one. The fishing in the rivers been pretty slow, but after a couple of passes, we caught one decent enough to have a snack on. she was pretty excited!!

IMG_0410.JPG

IMG_0416.JPG

So back to camp for some popcorn pkike!!

McKenzie.. the batter queen

IMG_0424.JPG

IMG_0440.JPG

What a great snack!! so afterwards, we all go back out to get some more... the fishing been slow so i didnt think we would have much luck.. then BANG!! Summer gets a fish on... at first i thought she had a snag... then i thought she had weeds... the drag was peeling.. so i stop the boat... we were trolling with three rods and two of the lines were tangled including the one with the snag/log/fish/weeds on it.

The line goes slack and she thinks shes lost it.... I said.. I dunno.... the lines now under the boat... could still be there.... Monique is frantically trying to untangle the lines and im holding the one, in case there a fish there, in case it decides to take off. Still not sure if its off or not.

So we get the line untangled and yup... sure enough theres a fish on the line and as soon as Summer takes up the slack.. OFF it goes peeling line like crazy!! She can reel it the drag, which i set fairly loose for the small pike, just wont wind up. Monique reaches over and tightens the drag a bit , under the boat it goes.. no way is it coming up.... finally I see it!! OMG... LOL in the boat it comes... One happy girl!! One happy guide too!! A couple of pictures and back in the water the big girl goes. good lesson for the kids.

IMG_0475.JPG

Im pretty pleased... now its off to make enough hot water for 5 baths, then a movie on the big screen, "I know what you did last summer" LOL.. That will keep them up tonight... then fireworks. That will be it it for the weekend.. Heading home tomorrow.

Congrats Summer on an awesome fish and it's great to see you and Mackenzie having some fun on the water... keep up the good fishing and wicked job landing that Northern!

Not a bad job by the guide either :rolleyes:

JP

Mmmmm... breaded pike!

And the fight from that big one will probably be remembered for many years! There's nothing like the suspense of having a big one on the line and wondering if you'll see it and if the line will hold.