Simcoe Report from today

icefisherman

Too tired for very long report but in short the main stuff...fished in 89fow with couple very good buddies from 9am till 1pm...got my limit by 11am...whities caught on Williams Half/half and one on minnow line. JJ got one laker as well. Not sure how they have doneafter I left. Extremely hard walk....especially on the way back...tons of snow...more then foot and it was snowing all morning. Beautiful nice and white though...

Must get myself snowmobile soon...getting old for those 6-7km/day walking trips loaded with full gear and in foot of snow.

Few pictures for your viewing pleasure...

Took them with my cell phone so not the best quality but you can get the idea :blahblah1::thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for the great company Husky and JJ.

07-02-07_1322.jpg

07-02-07_1321.jpg

07-02-07_1320.jpg

Edited by icefisherman

RickOnt,

Great offer appreciate it Bud. And right on time too ;-) My legs and back don't like me much tonight...you have PM. Let's go out when you are free.

Chevy, ha ha....my cell phone has zoom but didn't think to use it....should correct myself next time ;-) Sorry we didn't get together today but we'll do it very soon I am sure. Good luck together with your brother. I told the whities to wait for you Bud ;-)

Mike, ha ha....you got it ...cold was non issue today for us...overheating was...expeacially on the way out...going back was better because it was against the wind cooling me off....

Clampet, got swety at times but didn't take anything off as I had no way to carry it. And yes my GPS showed more then 3km one way...so more then 6 round trip...I'd like to think I am in good shape but not as good as I used to be...time to seriously think about a snow machine soon ;-)

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

AttaBoy, Emil. Very nice shooting, it looks like everything came together for you guys. I would think that the heavy trudging would not be the most worstest of your worries, you can slow down and it's only time and stamina. The wind and temps, -18C and 12- 15 knots (30 Km/hr) o' fresh NW breeze, are another issue. That's a -30C (-22 F) windchill thingamajigger, walking out and sitting out on the open lake. That is brisk fer sure.

Congratulations on a great day, you guys earned that one. That was hardcore.

Edited by douG

Now that was certainly worth the hike Emil. Congrats on a great day. :thumbsup_anim: Hopefully Headhunter and I will have similar success on Saturday. We'll be taking the sled and the new clam though. Oh ya, note to self - don't forget the heater. lol If your looking for a ride sometime give me a shut.

Fishnsled

At least you got out and got to fish.... Good on you.

We went out, it was snowing, but it didn't seem that bad from shore.. we got going out, once past the huts, We couldn't see anything... I was getting scared and asked Chuck to stop and check the gps... He said we were further way then the last time we stopped, he had no idea where we were. even with the gps... so we turned around and followed the tracks back...

We did get to help a couple, in a mini van, get back to shore...

Glad to see u had a good day out...

Safe Fishing First...

Lady...