Incident on Cameron Lake

wuchikubo

Wow...

As an asian angler, it hurts to read stuff like this.

I was thinking of trying Cameron, but I think I'll avoid it now.

I would contact authorities.

I haven't fished cameron in a few years but I would go with you or take you with me, a tourney sounds good, everyone needs a rod with a 3" dardevle on it and when they come out let them have it, likely won't do that again it worked for me in a different incident

Richard

Definately report them, GPS co-ordinates please

holdfast occassionally strikes me as the kind of guy who would DO something like this.

LOL, You're absolutely wrong Sherlock,

Nope, I'M a pretty good guy and mind my own Business most times. However I do have my pet Peeves.

Not knowing what a racist is

Pulling the Race Card

Jumping to conclusions

Ganging up

Not standing up for one self and Cry Babies

Dissing the Military, Police, or any other Canadian Authority figure

Lemmings

Left Wing do gooders that think all of us should be like them.

But Pick on people of different Color, Race, Language, Gender or what ever. I think not. But force me to Change my ways for theirs, or tell me my way is wrong, Call me a Racist because Im a Passionate Canadian. Yea Ill say something.

The tale makes me want to ask. If they were being harassed in such a way why did they not offer to call the police themselves? That is if they had a cellphone at hand. The threat of them calling the cops on the harasser would have turned the table on him. Just a quick call to 911 to report that their safety was being threatened just might have sent him on his way. A threat is a threat and if he pulled a knife to cut an anchor line is enough to put anyone's safety in jeopardy.

We had a neighbour in an apartment years ago. I went and asked him in a polite way to cut the noise out one evening. He jumps over to the kitchen drawer and pulls out a cleaver and waves it at me hollering something in whatever language. Did it faze me? No. I laughed in his face, shook my head then went back downstairs and called the cops. In minutes 3 cops show up. I asked them to just go and talk to the guy and the sight of their uniforms would be enough to get the message across that you just don't do that on this side of the world. Never had an incident with him again.

HearingFish, as an angler of Asian decent born in Canada I understand the predicament you guys found yourself. For those who are not of a visible minority really don't appreciate the level of racism in Canadian society because they don't face it on a daily basis. Granted the racism is not as obvious and pervasive as in many other countries, but the innuendos are pretty hard to miss.

Nipper Tipping in Lake Simcoe occurred for many years because it was a local accepted practice and until recently, the light of racism wasn't shone on it. Now that is has been exposed, people are now learning what was happening in the shadows. So until these things are exposed, they will continue. So I would suggest that the incident be reported. I suspect that there are many others who have been affected and they may come forward, just like at Lake Simcoe. Maybe the Human Rights Commissioner will also look at incidents on Cameron Lake as she did at Lake Simcoe.

I came in kind of late to the discussion obviously, but just a thought here.

Maybe the incident was sparked because the gentlemen who were fishing were keeping everything they were catching (or more than what the man deemed adequate) and it has nothing to do with race at all.

I know they or anyone is well within the law to keep all of those types of fish, but it has been brought up on this board a few times, that even for panfish, maybe there should be limits. Maybe the guy has strong beliefs about keeping the fishery in tact on "his" lake and went about it the wrong way.

I don't know what the man's motivation was and I'm pretty sure that until he was asked to his face none of us on this board know either. Sometimes it seems all too convenient to bring out the race card to try and rationalize someone's behaviour, maybe the reason he never approached the boat filled with caucasions is because they weren't keeping many of the fish they were keeping. Maybe the incident has more to do with conservation than race.

Edited by big guy

Even if they were keeping everything they were catching, as long as they are within the regs its none of his business.

Nobody has right to go up to you and threaten you because you are fishing on a lake, thats not privately owned, if they were trespassing then that's another story.

If you cant call the cops to come and help you from a lunatic who the hell do you turn to then?