Headin North..

irishfield

Sled and cutter is in the back of the truck, as well as my ice fishing gear. Leahs X-country skis and my snowshoes, with just our clothes and some food needing to be thrown in as we head out the door in the morning.

Be back mid week +/-...if you don' t hear from me (wouldn't that be nice!) they're having a bit of trouble getting me out of my new boat, that's very temporarily stored in the showroom!

Wayne

Edited by irishfield

Have a great trip Wayne, I am going into work this weekend, but may get the chance to catch up to you on post count in the next few days.

...........................................................................who am I kidding :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

that would take 6 months at least.

remember the survival skills we discussed with the board members.

Which skill was that...stay warm by cuddling naked with the opposite sex... :rolleyes:

Thanks Maureen...I'm rarely worried about my driving..it's those around me that tend to screw up.

Edited by irishfield

Good Luck and have a great time Wayne!

I've bin bein really nice to her today Phil...I hope so !

And Mike...I don't think she'll go for pictures let alone a post...

but YES, I will take my shoes off ! LOL

May even get in some fishing and some pictures, of the Temagami Landscape, to post.

Don't worry Remo...with a -40 to -48c wind chill warning for the North/east region tonight and -33C mornings and -20c highs right into early next week... not much chance of that. I'm thinking we might rethink this whole thing and go mid week instead when the temps look higher.

Wussy!!!!!

I thought you irish were made of sterner stuff, :D

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!

Yup, probably a good plan to wait for better temps Wayne, you just do not need to have any vehicle or other problems in those weather conditions. We are experiencing the same weather up here, and I would not even think about a trip in these conditions.

I used to go out regardless(when I was young and stupid), but now(I am still stupid, but much older) I prefer to play it much safer on trips.

Fondly(yeah, right) remember going to our camp near Atikokan, for a week. We would have to take the batteries out of the vehicles, and bring them with us to the camp on the sleighs. When we got back out, we had to put the batteries back in, and use a 20 lb. propane tank with a tiger torch on it, with some exhaust tubing that garages have, to slide under the vehicles with a 90 degree upturn, and aim it at the oil pan, fire up the torch, and heat the block and oil pan area to be able to start the vehicles again. This would take an hour at least, all the while we were standing around in those minus whatever temps. We did not dare seek shelter in the vehicles, the windows would ice up within minutes, and even when the cars started, it was another 20 minutes to clear the insides of the glass of the frost from us breathing :lol:

Ahh, the good ol' days, wish I could forget about them now in one sense, but in another, it was a learning experience.

Yah we are Tom...but my Dutch wife isn't anymore! LOL

She was the "unforeseen circumstance" this morning...as I couldn't bring myself to waking her up..... with her finally getting some sleep after a week of being at St. Mike's hospital with our Daughter. I slipped out of bed and left her there to sleep.

Of course now I find out from Jim up in Temagami that it's only -15C up there today. Dead Calm and sunny. Oh well, guess we'll handle it tomorrow no matter what it brings....

Ah.. the good old days...when the only concern was what beverage to put in the sled storage hole. Warm = Buck a bottle/get ya by wine Cold = JD Really cold = 151 Bacardi :D

Ah.. the good old days...when the only concern was what beverage to put in the sled storage hole. Warm = Buck a bottle/get ya by wine Cold = JD Really cold = 151 Bacardi :D

Nope, not me, never bring the stuff anymore, only water, and hot soup in a thermos(chicken broth or beef broth). Course now, i only day trip, no need for it, or the extra weight and space it will take up, I can wait til' I am home to savour the taste of alcohol.