Night time Steel!!

ccmtcanada

Bly and I, like many others here I'm sure, love float fishing for Steelhead, but are not crazy about the weekend crowds. Especially now that the weather is warming up. Anyhow, one way to beat those crowds is to fish at night. Most times we try we get skunked, or catch just one between the two of us. Sure it's a bit more difficult, the numbers usually aren't the same as fishing during the day...but sometimes...you just have a great night....and earlier this past week, Bly and I had that night!

We arrived at the creek after sunset and started drifting. The waters were a bit higher and faster than normal...which usually isn't good, but the visibility was great. The first 45 minutes got us nothing...not a hit...not a sniff! Suddenly the fish began to run. We could hear them coming up the rapids just below the pool we were fishing. A slight adjustment to our setups and all meyhem broke loose!

Bly caught the first one...a great 30 inch one for Team 1...We affectionately call this "the Solopaddler pose"

carole1.jpg

Very soon after that, she landed her second...

carole2.jpg

A few missed hits...I lost a few big ones after some long fights....but I finally got a nice one.

cliff1.jpg

They just kept on coming...more fish running upstream....

carole3.jpg

cliff2.jpg

carole4.jpg

carole5.jpg

cliff3.jpg

As quickly as the bite turned on, it turned off. Bly went 5 for 6 and I was 3 for 5...a few that were lost were some pretty big fish!! What an amazing few hours on the tribs...a great way to end a day.

We'll let the weekend warriors walk the banks today...while we get set for a birthday party....our little one turned 7 earlier this week, and her friends are coming over later. Before we left for the evening, she said "Good fishing luck mommy and daddy"....we're convinced she brought us that luck!! Here's a pic from her birthday...

Bday01.jpg

Edited by ccmt

Youse never cease to amaze on the variety and success in your reports :thumbsup_anim:

We are lucky to have Bly on Team 1 there will be more contributions still to go surely.

Happy birthday to your daughter! Have a great weekend.

You guys are turning into fishing legends. I'm telling you ...................... you need your own fishing show. Thanks for posting again. I enjoy every one of them. Your daughter looks like a sweetheart. Hope she has fun on her birthday. Does she know her parents are legends ?? P.S. Love the WFN shots (see the pandimonium has begun LOL).

Great report and pics Cliff :thumbsup_anim:

WOW talk about getting into a frenzy :w00t: Real nice steels!!! Congratulations to both of you :clapping:

Your daughter looks very happy on that pic and want to wish her Happy Birthday :clapping: pretty soon she'll be able to join you on those epic outings!!

Again excellent job you guys and thanks for sharing

Leechman

Absolutely AMAZING report. I love that shot of Bly doing the "solo" pose. Very well done from both a photography and angling point of view. Before you know it Bly will be turning up in fishing mags!

And your daughter sure is a pretty girl Cliff... You better keep her interested in fishing and away from the boys! I hope she has a great birthday!

Thanks for the report as usual guys. I've said it before and I'll say it again, there's many a man here on OFC that is jealous of the time you guys spend on the water together as a couple.

Cheers,

Ryan

no wonder things were slow today LOL ... you guyz stung em all last night :D .... Nice job you two. Kudo's to you guys for sluggin it out in the dark... I can only do it one day a year, and that's barely worth it. Carole, the look on your face of that pic with the 30" says it all !!!! Keep it up guys.