Doesn't Look Good

Fishnwire

A good fishing report includes pictures. Why take up space with 2 pics when you can grab the 2 fish and make one great shot? In some situations I think its actually a good thing to keep a fish in the livewell for a while to let it get its strength back up before you release it.

Maybe you should stop looking at peoples fishing posts because you might see a pic of a poor fish being held out of the water OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

certainly some of us adopt a predominantly catch and release way of fishing, but it is well within the rights of those anglers to keep table fare.

the question is, should it be within the rights of anglers to be keeping all of the best broodstock? it hasn't worked out for us so far?

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

OK...calm down folks...go back and read my posts...I never indicated people shouldn't keep fish within their legal limits, I'm just saying that TO ME, the look of multiple trophy fish being held by the same angler is a bit of a turn-off, and I just wondered if anyone felt the same.

As far as not fishing enough...my wife would have a different opinion. I'm certainly secure enough in my fishing abilities that I don't feel the need to "stage" a picture to prove that I've caught more than one nice fish in the same day. At my camp behind Sudbury I've often landed half a dozen smallies all over 18 inches before breakfast. Big deal.

Hey feel free to keep whichever fish you are legally entitled to do so. I'm just saying that some anglers, such as myself, find photographic evidence of killing (or unnecassarily stressing) multiple trophy-sized catches unappealing. That's all I'm saying. Gee, I guess I had better go join P3TA because of my crazy "whack-job" beliefs.

The fact that several posters felt the need to post pictures in an immature, failed attempt to antagonize anyone who feels the way I do speaks volumes about what kind of people take such photos.

Hey a fellow Sudburian! Born and raised in sudbury here - did most of my smallie fishing in Wanapetei, The West Arm, and Nepewassi. I wasn't trying to rub anything in your face - just a joke man. No need to be so serious all the time. What's the point in living if you can't get a good laugh in from time to time.

I agree that the P3TA jokes may have been a little over the top, but just take it with a grain of salt. Like some people said, different strokes for different folks. I respect the fact that you prefer not to keep any fish in the livewell. I on the other hand do keep them in the livewell from time to time for photos. If I ever fish out of your boat, I'll be sure to let them go boat side!

Now get out and catch some fish - but not smallies, they don't open for some time up in suds!

Cheers,

UF

i think someone needs to go back to sleep, and maybe wake up on the right side of the bed?????

Steelheaders beware...he's coming after the pics of fish lying on the ground next!! :o

Well Ill be.......fishing and pictures are not good... :D

....must keep that in mind for next time my kid or anyone else for that matter who doesn't get the opportunity to go fishing. They should forget the experience and not share it with others.

..Such Brilliance!!

oh and sorry if I antagonized you....

So the only way that you can "share the experience" is to hold more than one fish at the same time?

Talk about brilliance.

Let's try this again.

How often to you see pictures taken by professionals or appearing in high-quality fishing literature of dead or dying fish? Not too often, because the pictures appear more appealing when the subject appears healthy. Often after the picture of a healthy fish is taken it is the harvested...which is totally fine...but the picture of the dead fish in your sink will not look as nice as if you had taken it boatside. It is not crazy to assume that if someone is holding two fish at the same time, they're not too concerned with releasing either...because if they were, they'd have done so before landing a second fish. I never implyed rules or regs were being broken. If you want to take a picture of yourself doing something that a decent percentage of anglers find somewhat distasteful, feel free. You are entitled to harvest within the regs and I am entitled to think that holding up two trophy smallies for a picture is not a good look.

...just as I'm sure we're all aware that keeping fish in a livewell stresses them

I'm just saying that some anglers, such as myself, find photographic evidence of killing (or unnecassarily stressing) multiple trophy-sized catches unappealing.

I find it interesting that you twice mentioned concern about stressing fish, yet as a fisherman your obviously not concerned about the stress your putting on a fish by jamming a bunch of hooks in his face and yanking him outta the water :dunno:

I'm sure that's more stressful than sitting in a livewell or having a quick picture taken.

So the only way that you can "share the experience" is to hold more than one fish at the same time?

Talk about brilliance.

Let's try this again.

How often to you see pictures taken by professionals or appearing in high-quality fishing literature of dead or dying fish? Not too often, because the pictures appear more appealing when the subject appears healthy. Often after the picture of a healthy fish is taken it is the harvested...which is totally fine...but the picture of the dead fish in your sink will not look as nice as if you had taken it boatside. It is not crazy to assume that if someone is holding two fish at the same time, they're not too concerned with releasing either...because if they were, they'd have done so before landing a second fish. I never implyed rules or regs were being broken. If you want to take a picture of yourself doing something that a decent percentage of anglers find somewhat distasteful, feel free. You are entitled to harvest within the regs and I am entitled to think that holding up two trophy smallies for a picture is not a good look.

I see professionals lots at the end of a tournament during weight in...sometimes these guys are waiting in line for an hour or more with the boat on the trailer and fish swimming in there livewells, then yank out two of the biggest they kept in there livewells all day for a photo op...those are proffesionals, pictures usually taken by proffesionals...

C'mon now!

Edited by anders

I find it interesting that you twice mentioned concern about stressing fish, yet as a fisherman your obviously not concerned about the stress your putting on a fish by jamming a bunch of hooks in his face and yanking him outta the water :dunno:

I'm sure that's more stressful than sitting in a livewell or having a quick picture taken.

I try to minimize the amount I stress my catch...keeping a big bass in a livewell for any length of time just to get a "double fist" picture is not necassary and totally avoidable. You CAN fish and not stess fish in a livewell, you CAN'T fish without hooking the fish's mouth. Sorry, your comparisson is not valid.

And as I mentioned in my original post (for anyone who bothered to actually read it before flying off the handle) I'm not refering to those standing at a tournament weigh-in station.

C'mon now!

Edited by Fishnwire

I try to minimize the amount I stress my catch...keeping a big bass in a livewell for any length of time just to get a "double fist" picture is not necassary and totally avoidable. You CAN fish and not stess fish in a livewell, you CAN'T fish without hooking the fish's mouth. Sorry, your comparisson is not valid.

And as I mentioned in my original post (for anyone who bothered to actually read it before flying off the handle) I'm not refering to those standing at a tournament weigh-in station.

C'mon now!

I don't undertand why it's any better for a tourney guy to have his photo taken holding up two trophy bass than me? My 2 bass are much less stressed than his/hers? Keep in mind I obviously have no problems with tourney guys having their photos taken either...

You CAN fish and not stess fish in a livewell,

So if you CAN keep fish in a livewell and NOT stress them, what's the point of your entire thread, cause I thought you were concerned about stressing them by keeping them for the picture taking ?? :dunno:

I wish my camera was as cool as yours and has a shotgun attached instead of a flash. I havent seen a camera kill a fish yet. Maybe guys only have enough space on their memory cards to take 1 more pic so they have to hold up the 2 fish at once that they want the picture of . HAHA KEEP UP THE DOUBLE FISTING GUYS, they make wicked pics for people like the 99% of us who like seeing pics. :Gonefishing:

I feel the fishes pain and to that end this year I will remove all hooks from my baits.

I will post pictures of my results.

I'm sorry, but now you're just saying stupid stuff. It's not about a "fishes pain". It's about having a picture that is universally appealing to most anglers.

The picture of the TWO anglers each holding their own SINGLE fish is perfect.

So if you CAN keep fish in a livewell and NOT stress them, what's the point of your entire thread, cause I thought you were concerned about stressing them by keeping them for the picture taking ?? :dunno:

You totally missunderstood me. I'm saying one can undertake the act of fishing, without the need to place fish in a livewell.

Fishnwire you need to chill. Nothing illegal ocurred, what about personal choice, and using a picture to memorialize the day? You're about a degree away from arguing that fishing is inhumane. Hey, we all have a bad day from time to time, but your thinking is along the line that we should all do something a certain predefined way. I prefer individual choice, and the stressing the fish arguement is totally bogus. Somewhere down the line from your train of thought is the government dictating how we take pictures of legally caught fish. Does this mean I have to change my handle?

Edited by doubleheader

Guest gbfisher

Missunderstood....Ill agree with you on that. I think yer just plain confused. Get out there man..Enjoy what this life has to offer. Don't sweat the small stuff....

I don't target green carp myself to answer yer last point/missunderstood/question. I do know that if I could double fist two at once.. :canadian: .Id sure give er a try.

Always into trying new things and if it turns out that I like it...Ill do it again for sure!! :wub:

Beauty trout drifter. I pay to see the double fist pose with 2 that size.

The original post was off base, the subject matter is getting off base. It amazes me that some can actually draw a line in what is acceptable stress to a fish.

I fish and accept the fact that I am stressing out an animal for my pleasure. I use a livewell when fishing. I take double fish pictures. I release most of my fish but eat the odd one too.

Will I continue, Yes and I'll even let others do it on my boat too!

All of our most recognizable fishing media personalities in Canada do it too. They also put countless hours into promoting this sport, doing charity work and teaching the rest of us how to be better fishermen.

Pick another topic to get behind

Beauty trout drifter. I pay to see the double fist pose with 2 that size.

The original post was off base, the subject matter is getting off base. It amazes me that some can actually draw a line in what is acceptable stress to a fish.

I fish and accept the fact that I am stressing out an animal for my pleasure. I use a livewell when fishing. I take double fish pictures. I release most of my fish but eat the odd one too.

Will I continue, Yes and I'll even let others do it on my boat too!

All of our most recognizable fishing media personalities in Canada do it too. They also put countless hours into promoting this sport, doing charity work and teaching the rest of us how to be better fishermen.

Pick another topic to get behind

:clapping: