What goes around comes around

holdfast

So I work for a small resort Town 40 Kms from the city. They call me the Townman, which I guess you can say is the Maintenance man. I am the Public Works that wears many caps. I look after the Fire Hall, on call during the day, maintain the roads, buildings and utilities, I'm even the Dog Catcher. Part of my job is also garbage pickup on Tuesdays. Bags are tied and tagged and I throw them in the PU truck and haul it to the dump. Its a good easy workout. So far Ive had no complaints except one last Tuesday.

These new people moved in renting an old house, with their old Suburban with a wooden rear window and some old school bus parked in the back yard and several Dogs. They are dirty looking and obviously on social assistance. Ill say it, TRASH. Well I get to their place and low and behold they got about a dozen Garbage bags. I pick them up and out drops a small bag with Turd that broke opened. They tried to pull one over. Anyways I didnt want it in my truck or on the curb so I tossed back in their driveway. They call the town and complains that I purposely busted the bag. Anyways I call him up and he tells me that he seen me and hangs up on me. Yea I guess I shouldn't of gotten his number.

I find out that he has to do community work to pay off fines and guess what. HE IS WORKING FOR ME TOMORROW TO PICK UP GARBAGE. Luv how things work out. I am going to sit in the Truck and watch him pick up every stinking Garbage Bag.

My question is. When I first meet him in the Shop I want to read him a Riot act. My pet Peeves. Stealing , Lying, Complaining, I won't or I can't. I will end it covering my tush by stating " I'm not saying that you do any of this"

Should I do this as payback is great feeling or just forget it. NO, I dont feel sorry for him, I'm still not going to lift a finger though.

Any advice.

plan one. I would go out and bag up some dog doo

cut the bottom of the bag and put it out for him to pickup tomorrow , when it splits open all over the place tell him you saw him do it and know it was on purpose..........

plan two . be the bigger man and let it go....

ah....go with plan one...

i agree, i'd smile be nery polite and courtious, maybe even buy him a coffee, but i would definately let him do all the work as you say, let him see what ur job is like, get him to realise picking up garbage is not the most glorious job but someones got to do it,

also would be curious to see if he apologizes,

lookin forward to see how you're day turns out, have a good one

I guess anyone who doesn't have it as good as you is white trash! It's a shame we all don't have extra time outta our workday to be posting on an Ontario Fishing board from Saskatchewan, I betcha he would love to use your computer to look for a job! <_<

As far as I see it you didn't do your job right and got mad this "white trash, inferior" guy called and complained. Shame on him it is his fault! If he was as much White trash as you say he is he would of left his dog crap in the yard for you to step in! Whatever happened to a little compassion, 2 sides to every story now everyone has the other!

Edited by Zebco

Be nice when you meet him, but make him do all the work... tell him you're the truck driver and he's the picker-unloader.

Sit in the truck with the heater blowing full blast, even if you have to roll your window down!

If he doesn't do a good job, tell the judge!

I guess anyone who doesn't have it as good as you is white trash! It's a shame we all don't have extra time outta our workday to be posting on an Ontario Fishing board from Saskatchewan, I betcha he would love to use your computer to look for a job! <_<

As far as I see it you didn't do your job right and got mad this "white trash, inferior" guy called and complained. Shame on him it is his fault! If he was as much White trash as you say he is he would of left his dog crap in the yard for you to step in! Whatever happened to a little compassion, 2 sides to every story now everyone has the other!

I'm sure he's a stand up guy, that's why he's doing community service.

OH wait a minute, it was court ordered. Definately white trash.

I said Trash, who says hes white. he made two mistakes

1. Complaining about me above me. Maybe its me but I think I would talk to the man himself.

2, He lied

Zebco I luv it when you talk like that. It gives me a rod on. By the way, no excuses for not having a job. Apparently he was asked if there was anything wrong with him to pickup Garbage. Town needs to cover their tush. Wow, never knew I had it so good picking up trash. You see, I dont care as long as Im working. As far as the OFC thing, I joined when I was living in Ontario. Has nothing to do with where Im living now, just ask the other out of Province and Country OFNers. Like I said you give me a Rod on Baby.

Oh look, Im uneducated, I made a spelling mistake.

Edited by holdfast

holdfast Posted Today, 08:29 PM

I said Trash, who says hes white. he made two mistakes

1. Complaining about me above me. Maybe its me but I think I would talk to the man himself.

2, He lied

Zebco I luv it when you talk like that. It gives me a rod on. By the way, no excuses for not having a job. Apparently he was asked if there was anything wrong with him to pickup Garbage. Town needs to cover their tush. Wow, never knew I had it so good picking up trash. You see, I dont care as long as Im working. As far as the OFC thing, I joined when I was living in Ontario. Has nothing to do with where Im living now, just ask the other out of Province and Country OFNers. Like I said you give me a Rod on Baby.

Oh look, Im uneducated, I made a spelling mistake.

Holdie and Zebco sittin' in a tree, k-i-s-----!

:w00t:;)

i agree, i'd smile be nery polite and courtious, maybe even buy him a coffee, but i would definately let him do all the work as you say, let him see what ur job is like, get him to realise picking up garbage is not the most glorious job but someones got to do it,

also would be curious to see if he apologizes,

lookin forward to see how you're day turns out, have a good one

Yea, Ill be professional unless he doesnt put in an effort. Then my Drill Instructor Game face.will come out of me.

plan one. I would go out and bag up some dog doo

cut the bottom of the bag and put it out for him to pickup tomorrow , when it splits open all over the place tell him you saw him do it and know it was on purpose..........

Better yet, do you know anyone with a pony, preferably one with a stomach ailment?

JF

What Doug said ...

And perhaps it helps to bear in mind that one meets the same people on the way up as you do on the way down (and not necessarily in that order) .. but at the end of the day the only one who HAS to sleep with you ... is you.