last day whities on simcoe

Terry

went out on simcoe to get in the last of the whitefish lake trout action before it closes

the fishing was pretty good, iced a few kept one that was bleeding

missed a few too and right at the hole

for the first hour or so the fishfinder mark fish constantly, then it slowed down but there were fish around

all the fish I caught were close to the bottom, they just wouldn't come up for a lure

DIGI0006.jpg

I started out in a spot with no one around

by the time I left there were 10 people so close I could have peed on them from my hut

one van drove by and missed my hut by 3 ft.I yelled and screamed at him and he heard me, he thought I was yelling with excitement because I caught a fish so he stopped and fished...moron .

the last time I was on simcoe with my skidoo I nearly burnt out my sliders and it kept overheating, so I put on ice scratchers

man they work well, no more heat

so people was asking about the news report of the vehicle recovery on simcoe, so I recorded it and here it is

guess it's perch and pike fishing now

It's always a circus the last days of the season, glad that idiot didn't run into your holes or hut. The salvage companies must love this time of year though. I don't think I would ever drive my truck out on the ice, it's just to much to lose to me. Not to mention that the walk wouldn't kill me :lol:

It looked like a Wal mart parking lot today around the islands and Innisfil Beach, and the worst were some of the nutbars going about 100, water splooshing up and down in the holes. Oh well..candidates.

2009_0314_115008AA__Small_.JPG

Edited by Fisherman

Those ice scratchers are great.

Thought you might like to know this about the scratchers. If you make a plate for on top of where the scratchers are bolted on to your running board it will strengthen them. I'm saying this because I am an avid snowmobiler, and I have talked to a few people and have had them show me where the ice scratchers start cracking their running boards from all the force put on them. Then one day a guy showed me how he made some plates for his so that his running boards didn't tear like his buddies.

It kind of looks like you have the same chassis sled as me ZX, and i know those running boards are not strong at all.

Edited by Ciceri