Fishing for Tyler - Need an estimated # of attendees...

tonyb

I think it will be hard to pick a number

this year the town will have something going on in the same area plus it's been advertized on other message boards, so there could be many more then other years....guess only time will tell....hope someone can give you a guestament

Feb 24th at Innisfil, check the Sticky at the top of the Forum Steve.

Come on folks, some help with numbers.

I am working on some boneless chicken breasts, possibly other chicken products like buffalo wings, or chicken fingers but I need some numbers.

Also, I might be able to get some desserts.

I've got a total count of 12 people from the sticky thread a the top. I'll quadruple that count, I am going to say 50 people, does that sound about right?

Tony

Edited by tonyb

Last year we had about 100 people...you can't just figure on the members on this board. There were several people last year that were not on any fishing boards, but heard about it. There is Tyler's family, some of my family, co-workers, and folks from Alcona.

As mentioned this year is also Alcona's winterfest, and Fishing for Tyler is being promoted on other sites.

I would say closer to 150 to 200 people. Last year we ran out of food fairly early in the day...

Maureen

The saussages were a really big hit last year, they were the first thing we ran out of, Hot dogs were the next thing to go, we actually did reasonably with the burgers and I believe we sold gave away the last of those shortly before the prize draws started. I would think on planning on about 150 - 200 people would be quite reasonable.

I would like to see us have: (but I'm not a caterer so I'm just guessing)

100 ea mild & medium saussages

100 Hotdogs

100 burgers

Buns for above and condiments; sauerkraut, mustard, relish, ketchup, chopped onion.

Paper towles, plates, napkins, foil, plastic utensils for the condiments.

Cups and supplies for the coffee and hot coco.

And anything else (those chicken breasts sound good Tony but would they be a burger like thing?) We have to remember that it could be quite cold that day and people may have to be eating with gloves on and stuff. I'm not sure the chicken wings are doable but wide open to suggestions. All input gratefully accepted!!!!!!

I can provide a small table top BBQ again this year and a couple of the small tanks to run it. I do have an 11 lb tank too that I will bring with me but I don't have the hose or regulator to go with it.

Moe I was hoping to put a nice prize on the table this year.... best I can do is a day fishing in the Kawarthas at our place but I'm not set up for muskie so it would just be bass, walleye (or carp if prefered). Sorry I can't offer more at this time.

Anyway, I do need commitments on the food stuff because I have to make sure we will have what we need.

So don't try to do it all but pick one, post it on here so everyone can see what is still needed and be sure you can get it there or arange to get it there by the morning of the 24th.

Cliff

Hey Cliff, we have a line on coffee and all the works courtesy of tinbanger...he just needs to check out a few things and will confirm when he can.

I also have a propane tank from my BBQ I can bring...if I had a truck I'd bring the whole BBQ :) . Someone else, JR I think, said they could bring a BBQ or tables as well, and if I'm not mistaken Ron has a table...but ya, we could use a few of them, we won't have Sam's tuck to lay the prizes out on this year ;)

Maureen

TonyB, let us keep it simple, the thoughts of trying to cook chicken breasts for that many, and avoid salmonella or botulism type virus will be difficult on our small table top BBQs.

Sausages would be the best bet for all. Hot dogs as well. Hamburgs are also good to go, but must be cooked to well done.

I will be providing three table top BBQs....I also have a vertical gas smoker, that can double as a warming oven, or a simmering oven to get the sausages/hot dogs going quickly.

Just my thoughts.

Moe it is being promoted on other boards, but what are their members willing or offering to contribute? Maybe we should get a commitment from them and co-ordinate all through here.

John

JR already said he would help but so far everything is king of fragmented as to who can/will do what (partly my fault, some of the stuff is on my computer at work).

Perhaps we could get something pinned: "Donations for the Tyler G2G" then it would all be in one place for all to see?

I am now waiting to hear back on what I can get.

The chicken breasts will be great as chicken on a bun as they will come pre-cooked meaning that they just need to be heated on the grill (Phew! no worries of salmonella poisoning! hehe)

Also, everything would be boneless including the buffalo wings so people can stuff their faces by the mitfull.

Standby for confirmed type and quantities of food I'll be bringing.

Tony

Confrimed for the coffee AND hot choc .

These will be premade in insulated 'cambros' ( large plastic insulated conatiners ) planning one for coffee and one for Hot choc ,apx 75 cups in each.

Also will bring along cream,sugar,stirsticks ,cups ,lids etc.

I'll bring alnong a couple lbs of coffee in case we run low . will there be a coffee brewer on site ?

tinbanger

Confrimed for the coffee AND hot choc .

These will be premade in insulated 'cambros' ( large plastic insulated conatiners ) planning one for coffee and one for Hot choc ,apx 75 cups in each.

Also will bring along cream,sugar,stirsticks ,cups ,lids etc.

I'll bring alnong a couple lbs of coffee in case we run low . will there be a coffee brewer on site ?

tinbanger

Whoo Hoo!!! That's great! :thumbsup_anim: , as for a brewer, the best I can do is a coffee urn...will that work?

Maureen

Excellent Tony.

I think the exact # of entrants in the derby was 83, but lots of others who didn't enter

were hanging around and quite a few spectators on shore.

Cliff's suggestion for #'s are pretty good.

Having a bit extra seems better than not having enough.

Thanks again Tony.

I'll be bringing out the generator, 2 folding tables extension cords and such as well. With my trailer, it can be set up for collecting the donations. This will give you some space on the tables for food and then clear them up for the prizes afterwards. (I'll even bring a space heater we can set up in the trailer for a warm up room too.)