Port hope

Paully

That sign is only for Canadians. I think you will find most of those people are of Eastern European origin.

It does not apply to them. Even back in the 90's when I told one of them that Lake Trout were out of season he just ignored me and put it in his car. The OPP officer who arrived after my phone call took the fish but did not charge him. :dunno::dunno::dunno:

It seems that recent immigrants to our country have no respect for our natural resources or the laws that protect them. :angry:

I'm by no means being racist but if I were to go to another country I would abide by their laws and we should expect immigrants to our country to obey ours. I'm sure some of those people in the photo are Canadians too but thier numbers are small in number when compared to the rest.

I remeber one day watching the CO marching a crowd of poachers from what was then the sanctuary south of Dundas back upstream. There was close to a dozen caught and I will tell you this, that not one of them was born in this country. As I said I don't care where you are from there are laws in place for a reason and using your ethnicity as an excuse not to abide by them is wrong.

Rant Over. <_<

P.S. To the Admin Staff, if you think that this post is out of line please remove it. I am not trying to slight anyone I'm just trying to convey my feelings about poachers and what is becoming of our country.

That sign is only for Canadians. I think you will find most of those people are of Eastern European origin.

It does not apply to them. Even back in the 90's when I told one of them that Lake Trout were out of season he just ignored me and put it in his car. The OPP officer who arrived after my phone call took the fish but did not charge him. :dunno::dunno::dunno:

It seems that recent immigrants to our country have no respect for our natural resources or the laws that protect them. :angry:

I'm by no means being racist but if I were to go to another country I would abide by their laws and we should expect immigrants to our country to obey ours. I'm sure some of those people in the photo are Canadians too but thier numbers are small in number when compared to the rest.

I remeber one day watching the CO marching a crowd of poachers from what was then the sanctuary south of Dundas back upstream. There was close to a dozen caught and I will tell you this, that not one of them was born in this country. As I said I don't care where you are from there are laws in place for a reason and using your ethnicity as an excuse not to abide by them is wrong.

Rant Over. <_<

P.S. To the Admin Staff, if you think that this post is out of line please remove it. I am not trying to slight anyone I'm just trying to convey my feelings about poachers and what is becoming of our country.

Might get yanked Drift, but I can concure with your statment.

Hey, Drifter. I don't blame you for your sentiment. Mind you, I'm saying this as a recent immigrant. Conservation laws don't mean much in many parts of the world and I have quite a bit of experience with trying to get someone to enforce laws in places where poaching is considered a birth-right. Effective enforcement takes place when everyone who cares acts as a C.O. when required, and takes a stand. In my view, I don't give two hoots what the person's background is when it comes to someone trying to destroy what belongs to all of us and our generations to come.

You did the right thing by calling the cops on the guy you saw breaking the law. Your efforts are in no way wasted. That dude will probably think twice before doing something like that again, knowing that there are those who care.

Port Hope may be a zoo!! It has been for the 25 years that I have fished here and a few before my time im sure. Funny that people dont like the zoo but they keep coming back lol. As for the C.O. well thats a hole nother matter. Just do what you can. take a pic of the person and what he or she is doing wrong. take a pic of the car then just call local Port Hope police. They are more then happy to help weed out bad zoo animals. Have lived here 10 years and have used then lots of times to help fix a problem on the river. No need to get upset or yell just call and enjoy a good day of zoo fishing.

I was waiting for someone to point out that it's not Port Hope! I've just never been there, but from looking at the pic, figured it didn't look quite right :lol: I liked the posts that were coming up though...gotta stand up for resources, like Osmond and Drifter said.

Kemp...don't you have accounting to do? :rolleyes:

I was waiting for someone to point out that it's not Port Hope! I've just never been there, but from looking at the pic, figured it didn't look quite right :lol: I liked the posts that were coming up though...gotta stand up for resources, like Osmond and Drifter said.

Kemp...don't you have accounting to do? :rolleyes:

yes....still :stretcher: