Spring crappie fishing

ERB

The GULL RIVER where it enters SHADOW LAKE in NORLAND .You can fish from either side and the top of the lake itself where it is near the hiway (45).

Around the corner is HEAD LAKE which also can be accessed from the hiway but the best bet from shore is GULL RIVER.

Be sure not to hook those muskie northern pike and lm bass that hang around there looking for a crappie /sunfish dinner LOL.

If you do get a boat ask one of the locals for the location of "hidden cove"

foolinfish

Edited by foolinfish

Crappie???

Are there Crappie in the Kawarthas??

Have never caught "a single" Crappie in years !! :whistling:

Meely

J/K ........Rice lake is the place. Problem is, like many, many, many other spots, most of the really good spots to shore fish

is now Private Property etc......Thanks to all the slobs who ruin for the rest of us. I can recall fishing out of Kewsick years ago and

hammering Crappie all day long. Well, those days are loooong gonzo !! Gotta find myself a nice private spot where I can eat my fill.

Get one of these babies if you are having trouble finding a spot on shore. ;)

Thing is I am only looking for the spring time so I wouldn't get to much use out of that, but it would be pretty handy.

Thanks

Edited by ERB

just be sure if you are in the kawarthas section 17, which includes scugog, all fishing is closed including crappie unitl last Sat in April.

MNR watches Scugog very close the few weekends prior to opener looking for those that go for the first run in the boat and then pull out a rod.

• 2 weeks later...

Great thread, I'm looking forward to trying for crappie after ice-out. The only times I've caught them have been at night around docks, during midsummer. This gives a nice selection of areas to try, thanks to everyone who posted.