Plane Crash in Buffalo

HTHM

It was a somber ride into work this morning, as i drive right by clarence center road (just west of the crash site) I live just 5 miles from where the plane went down and its really just a shame........the only blessing is that more people on the ground werent hurt. I watch these planes go over my backyard in a constant fashion and have always worried about something like this........it is now a reality. A very saddening reality. Im very anxious to hear what it was that caused this plane to go down, they were descending and just minutes away from the runway......if not less. So sad.......this one really hits home.

I fly in and out BUF three or 4 times a month, sometimes on a Dash 8, considering the amount in service they appear to be a pretty safe aircraft. From any reports that I have heard could ice build up?

Definitely a tragedy. Heart felt condolences to all involved.

Have to agree with you Blaque, it is a very humbling experience when a tragedy like this happens in your community. I had a friend that was scheduled to be on that flight but due to delays he decieded to spend the night in NYC. I guess it was his lucky day. Thoughts and prayers to the families invovled.

I had a friend that was scheduled to be on that flight but due to delays he decieded to spend the night in NYC.

now thats the mother of all humbling experiences......i had one similiar to that once, one of those......."that would have been me moments". It'll make ya wake up different the next day

I am only about 10 miles from crash site. Kept listening to the call box thinking we would get dispatched for mutual aid as we are the one of the biggest fire departments around but we never got called out.

My thoughts and prayers to all the family members involved.

Bob

Billy Bob... you are a firefighter? if so my hat goes off to you and all those that put their life on the line for someone elses..

Said to hear the news about the plane and all those people.... I hope they believed in a higher power...

G

Dash 8's are known for their effective de-icing equipment, so it could be a maintenance issue seeing as how it was a smaller commuter airline.

It will take awhile to hunt down exactly what it was, but odds are it was probably a small widget that was due to be replaced "later".