Lakair 2009 G2G

Roy

OK so this is the story. As quickly as I could after the 2008 G2G I got hold of the 2009 fishing regs and determined that the 27th of June would be the best date for the main weekend because bass opens that weekend. I know that a bunch of folks will be there the week before and certainly a few will be there the week after. Now it seems as though Kevin and Leslie might be booked up for that weekend because it's a long weekend. (July 1st, Canada day in the following Wednesday) So, the date will remain the 27th so book now folks. What Lakair can't handle, we can book at any of the surrounding lodges...lots of them. Let me know what you're doing.

What Lakair can't handle, we can book at any of the surrounding lodges...lots of them.

Unfortunately Roy, if Lakair can't handle our group as always and we have to spread folks around the area to different lodges, it kinda defeats the purpose of the g2g :dunno:

It's 3:35 AM right now, I wonder if Kevins awake yet so I can book my spot while there's still a few available :D

I tried to book on Monday and got an e-mail yesterday AM that they had booked me for Jun 18 - 22 even though I asked for Jun 25 - 29!!!!! Tried to get in touch since and haven't heard back. Will call them again today..

Seems as though Leslie wants us to change the weekend based on the tone of the e-mail I received!

I tried to book on Monday and got an e-mail yesterday AM that they had booked me for Jun 18 - 22 even though I asked for Jun 25 - 29!!!!! Tried to get in touch since and haven't heard back. Will call them again today..

Seems as though Leslie wants us to change the weekend based on the tone of the e-mail I received!

that doesn't sound good.

Just got off the phone with Kevin. Got a place booked from Jun 25-29. He says that Bass season opener is always the weekend after our traditional G2G. He has another large group that book every year for the opener. I think that if you plan on going book now or you may be disappointed.

OK, I just got off the phone with Kevin a few minutes ago myself and he asked me to pass this information on to everyone that's coming to the g2g.

As mentioned by John, Kevin has a group of guys that come up every year for the bass opener, which is the weekend of the 27 & 28 this year and they've already pre-booked their cabins for that weekend.

All Kevin has for the weekend of the 27 & 28 is a couple of the small 1 bedroom cabins and he says they'll probably get booked soon too, so if you want one of them, you better call him ASAP.

Most of the campsites are still available for the 27 & 28th though

The weekend of the 20 & 21st is pretty well wide open for cabins & campsites so far, which is the weekend we normally go up.

I just booked my regular campsite for the entire week from June 22nd --29th to be sure I get in a full week of musky fishing which opens on the 20th.

Only 4 more months to go and I'll be in my home away from home. :Gonefishing:

Cnv0087.jpg

Edited by lew

Hi everyone Doubleheader here from Pennsylvania. I've never had the opportunity to meet you folks but as luck has it we are booked for 2 weeks at Lakair starting June 27th. This is our normal 2 week vacation at Lakair and I'll be there with my wife Amy and our good friends Gary and Ellen Hubbard. I hope to get the chance to meet you all and share a cocktail or two. Please forgive my ignorance, but as an annual get together of OFC friends, do you have a friendly tournament? I have been on this board for a few years and always wished I could meet everyone, looks like this is my chance. we'll be in cottage #11- please fell welcome to stop in for a cold one.

Hi everyone Doubleheader here from Pennsylvania. I've never had the opportunity to meet you folks but as luck has it we are booked for 2 weeks at Lakair starting June 27th. This is our normal 2 week vacation at Lakair and I'll be there with my wife Amy and our good friends Gary and Ellen Hubbard. I hope to get the chance to meet you all and share a cocktail or two. Please forgive my ignorance, but as an annual get together of OFC friends, do you have a friendly tournament? I have been on this board for a few years and always wished I could meet everyone, looks like this is my chance. we'll be in cottage #11- please fell welcome to stop in for a cold one.

Oh Boy!!!!

Hi Doubleheader, it will be nice to meet you.

Yes we have a tourney, it is on the Saturday and is a pike tournament. The most inches wins the Crayola Crew Invitational Trophy :thumbsup_anim: There are lots of prizes also.

We also all bring a pot luck item to go with the fish we fry after the tourney, salad or some other specialty we all make.

Hope this answers your question.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Joey

Look forward to meeting you double header. A few of us partake of some mild refreshments during the weekend..... :whistling: GCD is our resident cocktail expert. I'm certain that he has one or two new recipe's up his sleeve.

Ah ... more Pennsylvanians .... sweet. :thumbsup_anim: The good ol'e boys south of the Mason-Dixon line better watch out.

I just got off the phone with Leslie and since we had booked early, we were able to move the dates and will be arriving on Wed. 24th and leaving the following Wednesday.

Cabin 11 eh ? It's a loooong walk from our Cabin 5. but for a cold one, we'll make the sacrifice.

Edited by Rich Clemens

Just got of the phone with Kevin & I have my same spot beside Lew's :thumbsup_anim: Arriving on Thursday 25th early :whistling:

Good to hear Kelvin, and it'll be a pleasure sharing the coffee and early mornin fire with you as always :thumbsup_anim:

It'll be nice to finally meet you too doubleheader.

• 1 month later...