Scugog Walleye Report - Limit out!

Slayingm

Finally had a opportunity to hit Scugog the other day for some Walleye action and could not believe the huts out there!! eek.gif Lots of Walleye out there right now.... we moved away from some of the Crappie locations and hit some old GPS locations with some green weedflats in the 7-9' range. Although we did catch some fish on minnow lines the best action came working minnow tipped spoons slowly just off bottom with frequent pauses.

We caught no Crappie at all but limited out with 8 nice Walleye's by 9:30am. Here is a pic of the 2 bigger ones we kept along with preparing for the fresh fish fry.

ScugogEyesJan18.jpg

Scugogeyes2.jpg

Take care and good luck out there.... Greg.

with luck I'll be heading out to my uncle's hut on the NE part of the lake and hook into something tomorrow. 1st time there we got 30 or so dink perch in 2 hours and the last time only one oos bass. we did get bites as it got dark but didn't hookup. is there anywhere else to get minnows other then the shop on the causeway?

I've been to Scugog twice now, and only have a 3 inch perch to show for it. Straight out from Port Perry is not the place to be, methinks. I'm heading back out there tomorrow night. Any helpful hints would be much appreciated.

Joeytier,

Ya stay away from Port Perry and the crowds off Goreski's if you want to get some good Walleye fishing.....it's OK there the 1st couple weeks of the season but not as much now. I move around on the N. and Eastern side of the lake. Look for water in the 6-9' range that has green weeds and slowly work minnow tipped jigs off bottom. Don't stay in one spot too long.... keep moving around until you get into them.... more will be around.... we drill dozens of holes when we go out and cover the water.

5 of us were out there on Sun afternoon and 2pm to 5:15pm and caught over a dozen nice Walleye's including 3 big fish that we released.

Good luck and watch out for the slushy spots out there..... Greg.