Pepperettes - Pepperoni sticks

HUKDONFAWNIX

Hi everyone,

I need some recommendations for a place that sells/makes pepperettes in the GTA (preferably Brampton/Mississauga area).

I have tried the ones that you can buy at Sobey's, Zehrs, Fortino's etc. and in my opinion they're no good and don't compare to the ones that I usually buy at the Sportsmen Show. Unfortunately I can't remember any of the names of the businesses that are at the shows.

Does anyone know a shop I can buy some GOOD peperettes from? I need to stock up for the ice fishing season.

Thanks in advance for your help.

KARPATY DELI. It's a pretty popular polish deli that will give you a good selection...they've expanded a lot recently, so they shouldn't be too hard to find in the phonebook. Two locations I can think of are:

Bovaird one block west of Hurontario, kitty-corner to Rona

Hurontario just south of Dundas in the Price Chopper plaza.

There's also Starsky's at the corner of Winston Churchill and Dundas, in the Classic Bowl plaza....pretty much any european deli will give you lots of stuff to sample, till you find the one you like :)

Ok follow me here if ya can.LOL

You know where labarons is? Well if you do,then follow that road right past Labarons,dont stop at Labarons or you,ll have no cash for thier great peppertts and the rest of thier fine meats. It,s a hiden jewel.

Rabba,s use to be good too.

Boy if I go back to those foods,I,ll put 50 pounds on so fast.LOL

I do have to fight the urge off.

My fav from Brants was the polish sausage with cheese on a bun. DROOOOOLLLL

Edited by misfish

. I get all of mine made from venison, my cost including the pork is about $5.00 a lb but they are fantastic.

Yeah,I was worried about them Cliff, with the power outage. Thought to offer to keep them here,but I couldnt promise they would still be here when the power came back on. :whistling:

Well, if you intend to "stock up", Mennonites do make the best stuff. A trip up to Elmira or such would probably be worth while. I get all of mine made from venison, my cost including the pork is about $5.00 a lb but they are fantastic.

Cliff is right about the mennonites making a good "stick"....

however, that said... I do enjoy Schniders European Style as well..

Try the Mennonites though.... and dont forget an extra dry summer sausage!!!!

G

Yeah,I was worried about them Cliff, with the power outage. Thought to offer to keep them here,but I couldnt promise they would still be here when the power came back on. :whistling:

Well, you'll just have to come for a visit I've got a package here with your name on it LOL! :angel:

IF you do plan on driving for quality....i agree the menonites are real good but the best i have ever eaten hail from Metzgers in Hensal....its a german recipe and have won awards for thier venison peps....ohh and the pepercorn summer sausage is to die for ......

Well, if you intend to "stock up", Mennonites do make the best stuff. A trip up to Elmira or such would probably be worth while. I get all of mine made from venison, my cost including the pork is about $5.00 a lb but they are fantastic.

Cliff,

I know what you mean.... got my deer burger meat done in pepperettes in one of the local butcher shop and man are they ever good. Cost me $54.00 total. Gave them 5lbs of deer meat and they added the same amount of porc meat.

Next year if I get another will definitely get pepperettes done with the deer burger meat.

pillers pepperonies are great

when we go up to mans club annual fishing /dude hangout (no homo) my buddy bring bagggs of pep sticks from somewhere. man they are great. like 30 at a time are stuck together, we just wear them around our necks for the consistant bite.

If you want quality,I mean real quality,head up here to Counrty meats. They are well known, and have the best beef bacon you will ever have.

Pepperettes,he has too. You did ask for the Toronto area first.

Edited by misfish

Check out Wally Parrs Sausage just south of Hamilton on Hwy # 6 just before you get into Caledonia. Makes the best pepps and has a lot of other stuff in the store. If anyone was ever in BPS he had Izumi sponser these last year and they sold them at the cash checK out.

I have also seen them throughout the GTA in variety stores.

I am suprized Joey hasn't replied here extolling the virtues of the pepperettes up at Noelville...

If you ever make it to Lakair, give 'em a try !!!

I forget the name of the place, either in Noelville or Monetville, but the pepperettes and the jerky are to die for. One of the Lions picks it up for our annual fishing trip.

Edited by bigugli

Yeeah, those Noelville meat snacks are excellent!!! :thumbsup_anim:

There's another brand though, I don't know the name of them... but I've heard that when masticated properly, mixed with just the right amount of beer, and fermented in the stomach over night... make a helluva Walleye chum on the BOQ!!! :Gonefishing:

... aint that right Slowpoke?!!! :canadian::wacko::ph34r: ... :w00t: