Local Tackle Store B&E !!!

fishindevil

Well im just passing some info on to everyone that one of our members fishing tackle store was broken into !!! hirks tackle & marine,in northeast oshawa, was broke into late thusday night,early friday morning,they used a hammer to smash in the front door glass,i was talking to him at the store yesterday,the police were there and took prints,and stuff,so he will have to wait,they left the hammer,and their hat on the counter as well,they ended up stealing lots of top end reels,abu-garcia revos,okuma centerpins,2 eagle fish elite 500/gps fish finders,as well as a bag full of salmon lures,there were spinning reels to,and he had his store lap-top computer stolen too !!!!they were in & out very quick,as there were reels laying in the middle of the floor that they dropped and didnt even pick up...so dave cannot even post on the board here as his puter was stolen,so i am doing this for him,he is still open for business,and will remain open....so he wants me to ask that if anyone gets asked to buy some reels or graphs right away for to good to be true prices,please let him know,as only fishermen would buy this kind of stuff right !!!! doesnt that tick you off,right before christmas too,the cops told him that there have been 14 B&E in the area in the last week, so just letting all the members know about daves store.... :wallbash::angry:

Edited by fishindevil

I know we're all thinking it... where's ccmt and bly? ;)

Sorry to hear about the break in and I hope it wasn't too big of a loss for the store. I'll keep my eye open on kijiji and other classifieds.

Is there a way we can post an inventory of missing items - there's a ton of bargain hunters around here that might spot something.

-Brian

If all the stuff he had on the walls is gone then it is big bucks for sure. I was / am going back in post Christmas to get all the goodies that I didn't get under the tree. Dave orders what you need at a fair price if he doesn't have it in stock too. To me (being in sales too) that is good customer service and he will be seeing more of me and my money. To bad this happened to him and even worse at this time of the year...

Edited by GBW

i hope that they find this ASSES who did this. I cant believe this has happened to davey, he is such a good, kind hearted person. why would some selfish freek do this to him. i wiss i could help u davey but as u know i am in alliston now. if there is anything i could do to help i will let me know.

Hey guys... can we do something to help davey out, any suggestions???? thanks for listening. bigredfisher

Hey guys... can we do something to help davey out, any suggestions???? thanks for listening. bigredfisher

What can we do other then watch out for kijiji and ebay ad's to go to be true? I would hope the local pawn shops would call the cops if someone walked in with a few brand new items in hand...

if we could all put some cash into a pot and give it to davey considering that he will not recieve all this back and on top of that it is christmas time tooo right, i am really afraid that this might danger the store with finances or anything, i would hate to see hirks go and WILL NOT let it happen. thanks please let me know if we can make this happen

That really sucks. It is hard for a small new business to take a loss like that, even if they do have insurance. Who is desperate enough to steel fishing stuff? Maybe they were after the laptop?

Don't think so, it was a Dell from the looks of it...

All crooks see is "laptop". They know laptop. They want laptop. They break window to get laptop and its surrounding friends.

Or maybe they saw fish fishfinder. The best policy with tempting things is to keep them out of eyesight just like a person would in a car.

Not the store owners fault, burglars are often impulsive.

forrest

Not to sound negitive,but "INSURANCE" Im sure he must have,being in this bussiness.

Sorry to hear this happen at this time of year Hirk

dude,s.

I hope dave will be alright,i would hate to see the store close as well,at least he was insured but still,by the time he pays his big deductable,and the repars,and we all know how long it takes to get any money from the insurance company... :wallbash::asshat: i will hope to get a more detailed list of stolen items,jsut everybody keep their eyes & ears open for anyone trying to get rid of it real fast for a quick buck.....like i said it was at least several thousand dollars of stock that was stolen...dam im mad as heck :angry::devil::dunno:

Good ole Shwa!!

I haven't been in the store yet, but from what I hear, its pretty good!

There is nothing worse than a thief....the lowest form of life!!! And at Christmas too boot.....talk about low lifes!!!

The yprolly traded the goods for thier fix of crack.......brutal!!!

Good luck with all this Hirk, hope it all ends well. I'll have to pay a visit to the shop the next time I'm in the dirty shwa!! Where abouts is it exactly anyways??

Sinker

Drove by the other day and seen the front door boarded up. Thought it might of been weather related. There was a piece in the local paper about a rash of B&E's in the area. The store is kinda tucked out of the way so I guess it made an easy target. It's actually in Courtice not Oshawa. Only been in a couple a times but should maybe spend more money there I like the idea of a tackle shop real close to home. Would hate to see him go under. Maybe burglar bars are part of the future. Hope all works out well. Mike

That sucks I was just in there probably thursday I cant remember now. This would explain why he hasn't sent me the email on pricing a few rods that I wanted. Never fails you get a good local guy that will pretty much order anything you want unlike another big store in town (no Names) and he gets a slap in the face like that. I hope he makes out alright cause I was planning on spending some dough there after Christmas.

Edited by GNODDY