Did anybody achieve any goals this year?

MCTFisher9120

i wanted to break 47 pike of 40 inches in my boat guiding at the lodge this year. I hit 37. The most of any of the guides, but not what i was hoping for. It's a tough number to hit. I still averaged about 1 over 40 every 2 days.

Another goal was to improve on the number of lakers dad and I catch in Algonquin and we hit that no problem and even ended up with a PB twice.

My only other goal is specks through the ice...that's gonna have to wait till after January now. Never got to them last hard water season. I also wanted to ice fish more, and we did pull that off last winter.

Other then that my only goal is to have a good time and I managed that no problem.

-Dave

What were the weight's of the 4 Big Fish Prizes?

We had an Open Pike tournament on May 10- I brought in a 38.75 inch pike

Barrie Bassmasters Women and Childrens event on Orr Lake I had a 4.30 pound smallie

Barrie Bassmasters Qualifier on Cooch I had a 4.40 pound largie

Bass Pro Series #4 on Balsam I had a 4.70 pound smallie.

I thought for sure I'd have it on Dalrymple with a 5.12 largie, but I got beat with a 5.48

And on Muskoka with a 4.7 smallie, I got beat with a 6.15 largie !!

well i had quite a good year! not as good as some past, but a good year none the less!

i wannted to learn some new tactics and i did.

i started dropshoting more and more on simcoe and it sure paid off! i got plenty of smallies this year over 5 lbs on it

learned to use a flippin jig and catch fish when nothing else was working

i caught a few PB's

i wanted to break the 40" mark for pike. never did but i still got my new PB at 37"

when i moved up to sault ste. marie for school i wanted to continue learn salmon and steelhead fishin

i caught some new species and some PB's

caught my first pink salmon! on the fly as well!

i caught well over 200 pink salmon this year! sounds crazy but two times this year i caught over 50 in one day! all on the fly

i caught my first pinook! which is a cross between a pink and a chinnook salmon. they are as aggressive as the pinks but fight like a king. they look just like the pinks but double there size!

i caught my PB king salmon at 39" over 25 lbs

i caught around 90 kings this year! agian all on the fly!!

the steelies are acting very weird this year as there are not many in the rapids as of yet because i have only caught 9 this year :huh:

but i got my first steelie on the fly which was around 7 lbs and i got 3 more around the same on the fly, the rest were on roe.

I have simple fishing goals for each year. 1) Introduce a younger person, or more to fishing.

2) To fish 2 or 3 new bodies of water each year.

3) To have fun every time I go out and wet a line.

I met all 3 this year. On #2) I only have 49,500 lakes to go.

Goal #1 Get Hired at a Lodge

achieved

Goal #2 Catch my PB pike

achieved 39 inches

Goal #3 Catch my PB walleye

achieved 28 inches

Goal #4 Put 20 or more trophies in the boat this summer

unachieved.....fell short was at 18 and they told me i was leaving in 2 days! damn wish i knew that ahead of time lol

Goal #5 Catch up with old fishing partners and friends

been a good year for that....achieved

Hawk

Didn't have any goals in mind for the year... I'm still a bit of a fishing newbie :)

However, with all the knowledge and experience I've gained this year, 2009 is gonna be a big one!

As for this year, spent too much money on fishing. Over acheived?

wanted to catch 25 LMB over 5 pounds and failed catching 23 and was lookin to beat my cousins personal best LMB of 6.99 lbs weighed in at a tournament 2 years ago weighed it twice and it never hit 7 lbs the largest i caught 6lbs 11oz so she was a cheeseburger away from being 7 but a great season on the water for bass none the less the other was to take one of my less fortunate friends into a lake for speckled trout he has never fished for them before we each caught one over 5lbs out of rubber dinghy's after a 2.5 km walk into this place was and it looked just like paradise and turns out it was.

rubber_dingy.jpg

my_5_pounder.jpg

rob_5_pounder.jpg

Edited by BassAsin

I met my goal of getting a musky on Balsam,ended up getting two and had two legitimate follows that i saw. Plus, I got on to a pretty good spot for eating size walleye that panned out three different times we camped there.All in all a good year.Next year my goal is size,legal size.

Kerry

I did not set lofty fish goals this year. It was my first back to fishing year in a while.

1) Keep sane and everybody healthy with the new baby: accomplished.

2) Get the new boat on the water at least 10 times: accomplished

3) Ttroll in Lake O for salmon: Accomplished and caught a few!

4) Fish BOQ: Accomplished but got skunked.

5) Put decent avatar pic beside my name: accomplished

I remember having doubts along with others on the board about MikeTheBassFisher catching anything on those snake lures. He stuck with it and proved us all wrong, wrong, wrong. :clapping:

forrest

I caught my very first muskie this year!! :thumbsup_anim: .. but unfortunately I lost him as I was pulling him onto the dock... I didn't get a picuter.... and he took my lure :wallbash: But I hope to catch more in the new year, and aim for an even bigger ski than the first one. :D

Edited by Profisher25

I did not set lofty fish goals this year. It was my first back to fishing year in a while.

1) Keep sane and everybody healthy with the new baby: accomplished.

2) Get the new boat on the water at least 10 times: accomplished

3) Ttroll in Lake O for salmon: Accomplished and caught a few!

4) Fish BOQ: Accomplished but got skunked.

5) Put decent avatar pic beside my name: accomplished

I remember having doubts along with others on the board about MikeTheBassFisher catching anything on those snake lures. He stuck with it and proved us all wrong, wrong, wrong. :clapping:

forrest

the snakes work well if you know of a good lake with some 4+ pound fish they love em'

forrest

O ya i remember that, those baits worked well. But i need to improve on setting the hook once the fish hit them, o well. Now i got to convince my parents to order them for me again :)

I met up with some great people this year. Dave, Sil and Berge are like crack, I really look forward to getting out with those guys, non stop laughs the entire day! (Ok, it was Sil waders that started the whole thing).

Met a few guys off the Grey/Bruce board, one of which I'm sure will be a new fishing partner for many years to come.

Fished more with my dad then I ever have before, this in itself made the entire year. Countless days out on the water, 2-3 times a week when my oldman agreed with the weather.

Didn't set any new goals for this year. I always want to catch as many different species that are in the waters I fish.... I fell short of last years diversity by a walleye and salmon so far in 08. Maybe a late coho can change the salmon part and since I don't ever go walleye fishing I can't really complain about that.

Thing I liked the most about the year is that I did have a great late winter Jan to Mar fishing steel....

Biggest regret is I admit this fall I have been having horrible luck getting hits. I haven't lost one when I get one on though but 3 fish in 14 trips that just has to stop LOL.

Edited by Canuck2fan