Did anybody achieve any goals this year?

MCTFisher9120

Did anybody at the beginning of 2008 have any goals or acheivements that they wanted to accomplish this year. I did. I wanted to catch a pike this year and i got my self 2 of them. Another goal i had was to catch a bass at scugog(i did several times). And another goal i had was to use a new bait or technique. I for the first time got to use and perfect using the topwater origional fishing snake, and i got to try out some rapala x-raps. How about you??

My only real goal this year was to catch a Northern Pike that was over 35" in length. I figured with the amount of time that I fished Lake Ontario and Georgian Bay, this was a sure thing, instead my largest Pike of the year was 28", slightly larger than my largest Walleye of the year, which was 27" <_<

Besides that.. this year yeilded my PB Steelhead, PB Smallmouth Bass, PB Largemouth Bass, PB Carp, and my PB Chinook Salmon..

Even though it was a very inconsistant, and up-and-down year, I had some great times fishing, some good catches, and some great times with family and friends either around Toronto, or up at the cottage.

i wanted to buy a boat this year to get off of the shore finally. well i did that. i got a cheap 12 footer and old 9.5hp for it.

the goal for NEXT year... get the boat wet heheheh

i only had it out on the water for about 20 minutes to see how it ran, never did get out fishing with it

first steelhead using float fishing

first salmon using float & skein

caught my first walleye using skitterwalk (TOPWATER!)

catch summer day-time walleye from shore

caught my first fall BOQ walleye

bought my first float reel

bought my first rod over $150

bought my first spinning reel over $125

bought my first baitcasting reel over $125

A goal I set for myself EVERY year is to weigh a limit in every tournament...

I didnt quite get it this year, but out of 81 fish that I could have weighed, I weighed 75 .... thats a 92.59% Catch Rate

Although, my goal for years has been to win Angler of the Year in our 60 member bass club. This year I finally succeeded and won it.

I also won the Classic for our BPS Series.

This year I won 6 tournaments, 2 championships, and 4 BIG FISH prizes ....

I achieved many goals.

I also weighed 2- 5 pound largies in one tournament ... thats been a goal for a while.

Got pike, PB crappie (13" one), LMB and perch on ice in December.... Got into pickeral, bass and pike during the summer and a lot of them but nothing big, just enjoy catching them.... the only one species on the list and this came late summer, was a ski but did not happen :wallbash:

Oh well, always next softwater season.

Tight lines :thumbsup_anim::canadian:

Leechman

my goal this year was to catch more then fifty pike in one day and i did it 3times and one day catching 58 northerns. this year i caught my pb speck sb smallie. i also was not skunked once this year, and my biggest goal was to not use live bait and this year i achieved that and i did better then ever and had a much funner time doing it cause i was more active style of fishing. my hardwater goal this winter is to catch a new pb laker through the ice and do alot more jigging and slowly turn away from live bait ice fishing.

some great success stories folks..

for me, my goal for the season was to try to break the 60 incher mark for a musky(that's been my goal for the last 3 years :lol: )....well that didn't happen :lol: as a matter of fact I didn't even land one this year..last kick at the cat this coming weekend.

as for everything else, I am quite happy with my season, I caught tonnes of fish from January until now, and lots of big ones in the mix :Gonefishing:

spent most of my fall fishing in rivers

bought float rod

bought float reel

first steelhead float fishing (roe&flies)

first salmon float fishing (roe&flies)

leane how to tie flies

bought fly rod & reel

learned fly fishing

first salmon on fly setup

I can stroke "Nipigon Speck" off of my never done before list ! :thumbsup_anim:

That is what one of mine was this year, and to fish for walleye up in LOTW/Eagle lakes. Got to do the latter but the former did not get fulfilled, YET, but not for lack of trying, mostly lack of daylight and time :) I did get my PB pike though, 40"er and some other nice specimens so I can't complain too much. Next goal: Catch a Steelhead out here in BC, hopefully in the skeena, or kitimat or a surrounding river/tributary. Glad to hear so many of you did well this year

Well I met one of my goals this year that I thought would never have happen in my life time but it did.And that was winning the weekly grand prize in the Great Ontario Salmon Derby.And if it wasn't for some great coaching from my brother and great friends it might not have ever happened .So a great big THANKS.

Dan

Guest skeeter99

won the canadian tire tourney on elephant/baptiste after a horrible showing the previous year

this has been the third time in the last 4 years that my partner and I have won

had to build a new shelf in the basement for all the new hardware LOL!!

I wanted to get my wife out fishing a couple times this year to keep her interested, hoping she could land a big bass or two. Getting her out was the tough part but her catching big bass was too easy, she out did me in the few times she went with some monster bass. Also wanted to try new water and take as many friends out as I could, both of which I got to do and hopefully next year I will even more.

No goals were set, but an invite to LOTW's had to include a chance at muskie and sauger.

Got the musky on the last day, the only day we targeted them. Not a big one, but who cares.

007-1.jpg

First day got the Sauger, again a wee one, but firsts are firsts. Actually caught 3 over 2.5 days out there.

007.jpg

Didn't manage to get a black crappie, but my bud did.