Best Walleye Lake

Stoty

Hey everyone,

Just wondering what the best lake would be to hook into some good walleye.

We would be looking for size and numbers, either is fine....ideally with the best shot at both.

We are in Cobourg (30 mins east of Oshawa), and are looking to drive about 4-6 hrs.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Well i think the best thing to do,is go on-line,and start checking out different areas,and pick one where you want to go,and then call local baitshops talk to people that have fished the area,and then get a map and start by getting a game plan,on when is the best time,and the best lake that will put the odds in your favor !!!!i have been doing that for years,and have found some amazing fishing spots,and met great people,and fished alot of areas in this great province,in other words do some homework,and it will help you more that you will believe !!!! cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

• 2 weeks later...

We are thinking about the area just NE of North Bay (Temiscaming, QC).

I'm assuming that walleye/pike are in all the lakes up in that area, correct me if I'm wrong though.

Does anyone know of any good lakes there that we would be able to camp on?

All the places I am finding are lodges that charge $400 for a 3-night trip.

We are thinking about the area just NE of North Bay (Temiscaming, QC).

I'm assuming that walleye/pike are in all the lakes up in that area, correct me if I'm wrong though.

Does anyone know of any good lakes there that we would be able to camp on?

All the places I am finding are lodges that charge $400 for a 3-night trip.

Temiscaming's a great lake, but it might be a little big if you're prospecting.. If someone doesn't physically put you onto fish, you may cover alot of water, just to be casting in oblivion..

Have you considered, Lady Evelyn? It's not far from Temiskaming. It's mostly provincial park, so you can count on there being lotsa good camping spots, motor boats are also permitted, and the fishing is great in early spring.. Also, it's a breathtaking part of the province!!

PM me brotha.

HD

Take a map of Northern Ontario/Quebec and throw a dart at it Stoty !

lol that's funny stuff irish.....

Lady Evelyn is a nice lake for sure, but you'll want some charts so you don't bottom out as I believe it was a flooded reservoir once upon a time, with plenty of underwater structure to hit.....and from my experience it's a live bait lake...tough bite without dem der' minnow's...

Cheers,

UF

Tomiko has some very nice fishing there you can find some huge eyes also. As for lodging you can not go wrong with Tomiko lake lodge Lisa is a very nice person and will treat you right the prices are very good but you will need to bring bedding and a BBQ here is a link to there place and you are with in 2 min for pickerel fishing or right off the dock works well also. This is just north of Stergeion Falls so if yer there at teh right time you can always bust down the door of the Big Boss and if yer lucky you can get to see Tj also. I have fished this lake twice and will be back again for sure.

http://www.tomikolakelodge.com/products.html

lol that's funny stuff irish.....

Lady Evelyn is a nice lake for sure, but you'll want some charts so you don't bottom out as I believe it was a flooded reservoir once upon a time, with plenty of underwater structure to hit.....and from my experience it's a live bait lake...tough bite without dem der' minnow's...

Cheers,

UF

That's true. Proceed up Lady Evelyn river with caution dude. The route I mentioned in my PM.

Fishing is way better in the spring when you can still find em in the shallows. I went up last year in mid August, so only the lodges seemed to put people onto bigger fish..

Minnows are allowed, but worms work really well.. Don't forget your crankbaits, I caught more fish on them then anything else.

HD

Hey Stoty

If your interested in Temiskaming area. You need to go to the Zec Restigo.

If you want 100 plus walleye days, and a shot at a 15lb Walleye. That's where you want to go.

It's a few more bucks, as you need a Quebec lisense and you pay the Zec by the day, but there are dozens of beautiful empty lake you can camp on. They are all JAMMED full of walleye. Lots of Pike too, with 30LB plus Pike caught every yr.

If you want more details drop me an email.

Hey Stoty

If your interested in Temiskaming area. You need to go to the Zec Restigo. If you want 100 plus walleye days, and a shot at a 15lb Walleye. That's where you want to go. It's a few more bucks, as you need a Quebec lisense and you pay the Zec by the day, but there are dozens of beautiful empty lake you can camp on. They are all JAMMED full of walleye. Lots of Pike too, with 30LB plus Pike caught every yr.

Just a question

I took a look at the latest harvest statistics I have (2005) for ZEC Restigo. According to those harvest statistics, if there are any lakes in the ZEC JAMMED full of walleye, I guess they weren't biting in 2005. The best ZEC Restigo walleye harvest stat in 2005 was 1.53 walleye per fishing day on Lake Restigo. Has the ZEC opened some different walleye lakes since 2005 where the walleye fishing is better? I'll have to send away for the latest stats.