Specs throug the ice

trapshooter

Hit up a local spec lake this morning for the inaugural ice fishing trip of the year. We found enough good ice to proceed along the shoreline to the spot. Cut my first hole of the season and within 20 mins had a fish on.

DSC01435.jpg

DSC01440.jpg

17.5"

Added one more and called it a day shortly after noon.

DSC01442.jpg

Felt great to punch through some ice again. The season is definitely here. :clapping:

VERY NICE!!!!!!!

I can't wait....checked a local lake out here today and found just about 2 inchs...but still kinda sketchy away from the shore. I will wait for at least another week and then its gonna be a splake bonanza!!!

Good lord I wished they stocked brookies out here... :wallbash::wallbash:

Edited by brkygetr

Thanks gang. Not sure why the fish were different colours. The colours changed after the died but even coming out of the hole we had varying colours. Some real dark and others lighter.

There was almost 4" of ice. No worries :) There was some black ice below the white ice in the picture as well. haha.

Thanks gang. Not sure why the fish were different colours. The colours changed after the died but even coming out of the hole we had varying colours. Some real dark and others lighter.

There was almost 4" of ice. No worries :) There was some black ice below the white ice in the picture as well. haha.

I was figuring the lighter coloured one would be a female, were they both males?