Wish me luck!!! (NF)

Headhunter

Well, after scouring the east end of Scarborough for the last three weeks, my wife and I have finally settled on which new to us house we are going to offer out on! We will be making an offer this afternoon and hopefully, the vendor accepts it.

It will be a real "culture shock" for us, as we have lived in the downtown core for 13 years, but our house has gotten too small, with the recent arrival of two kids.

My hopefully new home has a few things I don't have now;

-a drive way!

-a 2 car garage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-3000 sq. ft, compared to 800!

-a pool!

I could go on... but I'm pretty nervous/excited/ worried/ well, you get the drift! Making a decision that will affect your life for the next 20-25 years is HUGE... but I know it's the right move!

HH

Thanks for all the kind thoughts everyone! I'll update this as soon as I know more! Highland creek in my back yard... no excuse not take the kids down to the lake and start teaching them there is more to life than the big city offers!

HH

You won't miss the city. Before we moved to Canada we lived in a "village" outside of Chicago with 80000+ people, were 1/2 block away from one of the largest zoos in the world ( Brookfield Zoo ) and were surrounded by shopping malls, super highways, and of course Chicago visible to the east with it's millions of people.

Our first house in Canada was in Acton Ontario until we moved where to where you visited me 2 years ago. I couldn't nor would I ever want to live in the city again. Everyone has preferences and mine is just to visit them and live away from them. You will be happy with your purchase, hope everything goes ok for you.

Well HH .... hopefully you'll know soon. My best too ya ... even if it is a day late. We have a two car .... I mean a one-car / one-boat garage too. My poor ole truck gets to sit outside now. I tried to say it was a one-truck / one-boat garage, but that did not go over at all, if you know what I mean.

Thanks again everyone for your kind words of encouragement. We made our almost best offer last night, but we were rejected by one half of the owners. What I mean by this is as follows;

We are dealing with a couple who are either separated or are in the process of splitting up. The husband wants to keep the house and buy his wife out, the wife simply wants out. The husband has a number set in his head and simply will not budge. The house has been on the market for the better part of 8 months, with only two offers, including mine, both rejected.

We really had our hearts set on this house, but as it stands right now, our agent has suggested that even if we were to offer their price, it might not sell. We will find out today if the house is being pulled off the market as the vendor's agent is fed-up as well!

There's a very slight chance that after their long chat last night, they may come to some kind of compromise, but I highly doubt it!

It looks like it's back to searching and looking!

Again, thanks for all your kind thoughts... and Gary, I'm with you 100% when it comes to getting out of the big city.

HH

I went through something similar with my first house, huge pain in the butt....in the end I got the house though. The house I'm in now was actually my second choice, the first one I wanted fell through when the seller changed his mind right after I finally agreed to his price :( , personally I think in the end it worked out better for me. I hope it works out for you, nothing worse than really wanting a place and having it fall through for something like that.

Who knows, maybe you'll find a better place if this one falls through.

Maureen