Kawartha Closer with FishnSled.....

Bly

Thursday I received a message from Fishnsled asking if Cliff and/or I would like to join him for the closer. Hmmm, join a great guy like Will for a day on the water, a guy that we always have a great time with and the same guy that has facilitated getting 8 musky in his boat over the two previous weekends..tough question, required less than .5 of a second to decide! Cliff and I had a very busy schedule over the next 2 days, even though I wanted to go I wasn't sure it was possible. Quick discussion and although Cliff could not go, he helped arrange things so that I could. Even though the forecast was for rain and winds, I couldn't wait for Saturday!

Saturday my alarm was set for 4:35am but as often happens before a fishing trip, I was already awake. Loaded up the car with my meager musky offerings, extras layers of clothes, coffee and managed not to arrive too early at Will's place. After the day Cliff and I had steelheading on Friday, I wasn't really expecting to catch anything but knew I was going to have a great time. Rain, some fog and a few deer sightings later, the boat was launched right on time. Soon after we started, Will saw the first follow of the day, moments later, Will was landing the first of the day......

DSCN8299.jpg

Quick photo and release and we started working the area again. 10 minutes later, I was lucky enough to be landing the second fish of the day......

DSCN8300.jpg

Another quick photo and release. 2 fish and we had been on the water less than an hour, this left us wondering. Was this going to be one of those days? The ones where you land a fish right away and then nothing for the rest of the day...or a sign of better things to come?? Only one way to answer that....keep fishing! We received our answer shortly after.... Will and I left the water at 2:30 (I needed to get back and to TFS event) after boating 7 musky. Will successfully landed 5, biggest for the day was 42" and I was fortunate enough to manage 2, with one being my new PB at 43".

These are all that I have on my camera....

IMG_5630cropped.jpg

IMG_5642.jpg

IMG_5638.jpg

IMG_5626.jpg

Will, thank you again for yet another great day with you on the water. You said that we were going to get me a new PB Musky and as always, you did not disappoint. Thanks again Will!! Looking forward to the next rainy day trip! :clapping:

Edited by bly

Excellent report, pics, and fish bly!!! :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

Good on Will for taking you out and putting you on that PB too!!! That one beat Cliff's new PB... and since it was the closer, he'll prolly have to wait 'til next year to "try" and best you!!! :w00t:

The smile in the last pic says it all!!! :thumbsup_anim:

IMG_5626.jpg

Congrats on that beauty PB gal!!! :clapping:

That one beat Cliff's new PB... and since it was the closer, he'll prolly have to wait 'til next year to "try" and best you!!! :w00t:

Yep! She did beat my personal best! It sure was a great fish she got there. As much as I would have loved to have been there with them, the committment I had made earlier had to take precidence. There is more to life than fishing right? Wait...did I just say that?

We feed off eachother as far as the PBs are concerned...keeps the motivation there!!

There is more to life than fishing right? Wait...did I just say that?

I had no idea that there was more to life then fishing Cliff. :D

Great report Carole and congrats on the PB.

It was a last minute call as my partner for the closer had to cancel do to some work commitments. First time in 20+ years that we did even fish together the fall do to schedule conflicts. I guess it had to happen sooner or later. Nice that you could make it out, the company was great, the fishing was good and I manged to get you onto a PB that beat Cliff's. :thumbsup_anim: Bragging rights for 6 months - priceless. :clapping: I don't know why it is but we always seem to hit wet weather and great fishing but I'll take that combo anytime. Too bad you couldn't make it Cliff but we'll get out again soon.

Now do I put the boat away or head down to Quinte???

SCANDALOUS!

Fishing alone with another man.

I'll,

I'll

Have you profiled on CHEATERS!

Poor, poor Clifford.

Oh Carole,

How could you?

7 times too!

(Wellllll, now I can see the appeal, I mean 7 times, rrrrrrowwwww!)